Cult BBC comedy series Absolutely Fabulous will return with three new specials, co-produced by BBC America and Logo. The two U.S. networks have come on board the specials, currently in production in West London, which feature the original cast led by its two stars, Ab Fab creator Jennifer Saunders and Joanna Lumley, who reprise their roles as the booze-loving Edina Monsoon and her friend Patsy Stone, respectively. “We are thrilled to be able to celebrate our 20th birthday with all of the original cast,” Saunders said. “We hope that, like a good bottle of champagne, we have grown better with age but lost none of our sparkle. We fully intend to party like it’s 1991.” The original Absolutely Fabulous series has been a key part of BBC America’s lineup over the years. Logo began airing the first five seasons in April 2011. Absolutely Fabulous is a BBC Comedy production, and has been written by Saunders, directed by Mandy Fletcher and produced by Justin Davies. Executive producer is Jon Plowman.
BBC America & Logo To Co-Produce New 'Absolutely Fabulous' Specials
What's Hot on Deadline
'Den Of Thieves' & '12 Strong' Draw Close To $1M On Thursday Night, But 'Jumanji' Will Win The Weekend
MoviePass Launches MoviePass Ventures: Subsidiary Will Co-Acquire Films With Distributors - Sundance
Billy Bob Thornton, Carla Juri & Charlie Hunnam Join Aaron Taylor-Johnson In 'A Million Little Pieces'
Latest TV News
- Steve Harvey’s Daytime Talk Show Renewed For Second Season
- TGIT Returns Strong, ‘The Four’ Steady, ‘Supernatural’ Ratings On Par With Spinoff Episode
- Chelsea Handler: How Trump, Weinstein, #MeToo Changed Gender Politics On Anniversary Of Sundance Women’s March…
- ‘Mr. Mercedes’: Tessa Ferrer Cast In Season 2 Of Audience Network Series
- Amazon Raises Price Of Monthly Prime Memberships By 18% To $12.99
- Joel McHale Unveils Topical Weekly Show For Netflix