Cult BBC comedy series Absolutely Fabulous will return with three new specials, co-produced by BBC America and Logo. The two U.S. networks have come on board the specials, currently in production in West London, which feature the original cast led by its two stars, Ab Fab creator Jennifer Saunders and Joanna Lumley, who reprise their roles as the booze-loving Edina Monsoon and her friend Patsy Stone, respectively. “We are thrilled to be able to celebrate our 20th birthday with all of the original cast,” Saunders said. “We hope that, like a good bottle of champagne, we have grown better with age but lost none of our sparkle. We fully intend to party like it’s 1991.” The original Absolutely Fabulous series has been a key part of BBC America’s lineup over the years. Logo began airing the first five seasons in April 2011. Absolutely Fabulous is a BBC Comedy production, and has been written by Saunders, directed by Mandy Fletcher and produced by Justin Davies. Executive producer is Jon Plowman.
BBC America & Logo To Co-Produce New 'Absolutely Fabulous' Specials
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'
- Paul Dano To Co-Star In Steve McQueen's HBO Pilot 'Codes Of Conduct'
- 'Jump Start' Comic Strip To Be Adapted As Family Comedy For Fox
- Resolution's Cynthia Booth & Emma Lewis Join Don Buchwald & Associates