EXCLUSIVE: Andre Braugher is in negotiations for a recurring role on NBC’s veteran procedural Law & Order: SVU. He will play an attorney for the underprivileged who may get close with Detective Olivia Benson (Mariska Hargitay). This marks Braugher’s most significant stint on a crime drama and a return to NBC after his Emmy-winning leading role on Homicide. Additionally, he guest starred in an episode of the mothership Law & Order series 15 years ago. Braugher, repped by WME and Principato-Young, last month received his second consecutive Emmy nomination for his role on TNT’s critically praised but recently canceled dramedy Men Of a Certain Age.
Andre Braugher To Do Arc On 'L&O: SVU'
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate