EXCLUSIVE: She is a daytime institution and the most recognizable star from departing ABC soaps All My Children and One Life To Live. So it would be natural for Prospect Park, the company that recently forged a multi-year, multi-platform licensing agreement with Disney for the two daytime dramas, to reach out to Lucci first. I hear that has happened and Lucci has received an offer to continue on AMC, on which she has been since its inception in 1970 and is the only original cast member remaining. What’s more, I have learned that, despite speculations about potential salary cuts on the two shows as they migrate from broadcast TV to online, Lucci has been offered basically the same salary she currently has at ABC. She is currently mulling the offer. While there will probably be some budget trimming due to the medium switch, it looks like AMC and OLTL‘s’ new producers are stepping up to keep the shows’ biggest stars and fan favorites. AMC and OLTL are scheduled to relaunch online in the first quarter of 2012. Prospect Park is also in talks with cable networks about carving out a traditional TV window.
'AMC' Star Susan Lucci Mulling Offer To Continue On The Show As It Moves Online
What's Hot on Deadline
'Parks & Rec' Mike Schur Says "Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey"; 'Leftovers' Damon Lindelof Regrets Theroux Jokes
'Transparent' Creator Jill Soloway Won't Discuss Jeffrey Tambor Scandal, Advocates Anti-Harassment On-Set Rules
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest TV News
- ‘Transparent’ Creator Jill Soloway Won’t Discuss Jeffrey Tambor Scandal, Advocates Anti-Harassment…
- Saoirse Ronan To Host ‘Saturday Night Live’, With Musical Guest U2
- ‘SNL’: Trump Boys Inherit Dad-Free Spot With “Juilliard Massage” Of “RickiLakes”
- ‘Stranger Things’: Duffer Brothers And Cast Reflect On Season 2, Keep Tight-Lipped On Season 3
- ‘Parks & Rec’ Mike Schur Says “Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey”; ‘Leftovers’ Damon Lindelof Regrets…
- Lena Dunham Apologizes For Murray Miller Defense Amid Assault Allegations