MSNBC today named Al Sharpton as host of PoliticsNation, a new hourlong program topped by the civil rights activist and minister that will air weeknights at 6 PM ET, kicking off the network’s evening schedule. MSNBC president Phil Griffin made the announcement about the show, on which Sharpton “will lead a lively and informed discussion of the top headlines, bringing viewers his take on events in his signature style.” It debuts Monday. The move to bring in Sharpton had been expected as he already was guest-hosting in the hour, filling the slot vacated last month when the network jettisoned Cenk Uygur after it “decided to make a change.” (Later, Uygur claimed he was told to “tone it down” and bring in more Republican guests, prompting him to walk away; at the TCAs, Griffin said he would welcome Uygur back.) MSNBC has been busy shoring up its lineup, inking a multi-year deal with Rachel Maddow and adding The Nation editor Chris Hayes as host of a weekend news block.
Al Sharpton Officially Joins MSNBC As Host
What's Hot on Deadline
'Coco' Now Higher With $74M+ Thanks To A+ CinemaScore; 'Justice League' At $61M+; 'Wonder' Wows At $32M+: Friday AM Update
'Thursday Night Football' Ratings Down From Thanksgiving 2016, Macy's Parade Steady, 'Young Sheldon' Up
Uma Thurman To Harvey Weinstein: "I'm Glad It's Going Slowly, You Don't Deserve A Bullet... Stay Tuned"
Denzel Washington & Dan Gilroy On Why 'Roman J. Israel, Esq' Never Left The '60s Behind - The Contenders Video
'Man Who Invented Christmas' Review: Dan Stevens & Christopher Plummer Turn Scrooge Origin Tale Into A Holiday Treat
Latest TV News
- Peter Baldwin Dies: ‘Mary Tyler Moore’, ‘Wonder Years’ Director Was 86
- Apple Investment In Original Video Will Reach $4.2 Billion By 2022: Report
- ‘Thursday Night Football’ Ratings Down From Thanksgiving 2016, Macy’s Parade Steady, ‘Young…
- Al Franken: “Committed To Regaining Trust”; More Comment Expected Sunday
- Matt Berry Reveals British Comedy ‘Toast Of London’ Is To Return
- CBS and Dish Reach Carriage Agreement