EXCLUSIVE: What if Sex and the City‘s Carrie Bradshaw was dying of cancer? That in essence is the premise of the Mexican drama series Terminales, which is being adapted by ABC Family. Lionsgate TV and Kapital Entertainment are producing the U.S. version of the Televisa format created and produced by Miguel Angel Fox, which chronicles the life of young and successful publicist April Marquez, who is diagnosed with terminal cancer. Writer/director/playwright Del Shores (Logo’s Sordid Lives) is writing the script for the project, which is being fast-tracked by ABC Family. Aaron Kaplan and Shores are executive producing; Paul Presburger is overseeing for Televisa. This marks the latest project based on source material for Kapital, whose three upcoming series — Fox’s Terra Nova, ABC’s Good Christina Belles and MTV’s The Inbetweeners — are all based on existing properties (short story for Terra Nova, book for GCB, and a British format for Inbetweeners). In addition to Terminales, the company also has a Miranda Lambert PI series in development at ABC Family.
ABC Family Developing US Version Of Mexican Drama 'Terminales'
What's Hot on Deadline
SAG Awards: 'Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri' Wins For Film Ensemble - Complete Winners List
SAG Awards Analysis: 'Three Billboards' Rebounds From PGA Loss, But Oscar Race Still Too Close To Call; NBC's 'This Is Us' Shakes Things Up On TV Side
Jason Blum's Advice To Burgeoning Producers At Sundance: "Don’t Worry About Your Movie Getting A Theatrical Release"
'Jumanji' At $768M WW Intensity & 4th #1 In A Row Overseas; 'Maze Runner: Death Cure' Debuts - International Box Office
White House Correspondent April Ryan Tells CNN News Organizations Have Police "On Speed Dial" For Death Threats
PGA Awards: 'The Shape Of Water' Wins Outstanding Producer; 'Handmaid's Tale', 'Mrs. Maisel' Tops In TV - Full Winners List
Latest TV News
- Caryn Mandabach Prods Developing Kazuo Ishiguro’s ‘When We Were Orphans’
- SAG Awards Analysis: ‘Three Billboards’ Rebounds From PGA Loss, But Oscar Race Still Too Close To Call; NBC’s ‘This Is Us’ Shakes…
- SAG Awards Backstage: Allison Janney Calls #MeToo Movement “Watershed Moment” For Hollywood
- SAG Awards: ‘Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri’ Wins For Film Ensemble – Complete Winners List
- Philadelphia Eagles Demolish Minnesota Vikings 38-7 In NFC Championship
- SAG Awards Stunt Ensemble Winners: ‘Wonder Woman’ & ‘Game Of Thrones’