EXCLUSIVE: ABC Family has put in development Maid In Miami, a half-hour comedy project from Rita Rocks creators Stan Zimmerman and James Berg and Glee‘s executive music producer Adam Anders. Singer-actress Christina Millian is in negotiations to star in the project, about a young maid who is an aspiring singer. Zimmerman and Berg are writing the script and will executive produce with Anders, often dubbed Glee‘s music man. Millian has an existing relationship with ABC Family — she has starred in two holiday original movies for the channel, Snowglobe and last year’s Christmas Cupid. ABC Family has a successful track record segueing the stars of ABC Family movies to series — it recently did it with Melissa Joan Hart and Joey Lawrence, who took on their own comedy series, Melissa & Joey, after topping the 2009 ABC Family film My Fake Fiance. Berg and Zimmerman, whose credits also include Gilmore Girls and Roseanne, are with WME and 3 Arts. Millian, repped by WME and Greenlight, recently guest starred on CSI.
ABC Family Developing Music Comedy From 'Glee' Music Producer And 'Rita Rocks' Creators To Star Christina Millian
Trending Now on Deadline
Oscar Watch: From Aniston To Bening To Rowlands Best Actress Dark Horses Make Their Move In "Thin" Field
More From Andreeva
- 'Constantine' To Stop Production After 13 Episodes, Remains In Contention At NBC
- Katy Perry Officially Announced As Super Bowl Halftime Show Headliner – Video
- Lenora Crichlow & Spencer Grammer Join 'Mr. Robinson' On NBC
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par In Households, Slip In Demo With Host Cameron Diaz
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'