Life Unexpected creator/executive producer Liz Tigelaar has reunited with the series’ executive producers Gary Fleder and Mary Beth Basile for The Joneses, a drama series project at ABC based on the 2009 indie film which was written and directed by Derrick Borte and starred Demi Moore and David Duchovny. ABC Studios, where Liz Tigelaar and Fleder’s Mojo Films are under deals, is producing. The show is described as a family drama that follows the All-American Joneses, who’ve just moved into an upscale suburb to start a new life. But the Joneses have a secret they must keep from their new friends and neighbors – they aren’t a real family at all. (In the movie, they turn out to be guns-for-hire cast to play family members and do stealth product marketing among their neighbors.) Tigelaar and Mojo’s Fleder and Basile will executive produce alongside the the movie’s producer, Echo Lake Prods.
ABC Developing Series Version Of Indie 'The Joneses' With Liz Tigelaar And Gary Fleder
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
'The Interview' Release Would Have Damaged Kim Jong Un Internally, Says Rand Expert Who Saw Movie At Sony's Request
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate