Life Unexpected creator/executive producer Liz Tigelaar has reunited with the series’ executive producers Gary Fleder and Mary Beth Basile for The Joneses, a drama series project at ABC based on the 2009 indie film which was written and directed by Derrick Borte and starred Demi Moore and David Duchovny. ABC Studios, where Liz Tigelaar and Fleder’s Mojo Films are under deals, is producing. The show is described as a family drama that follows the All-American Joneses, who’ve just moved into an upscale suburb to start a new life. But the Joneses have a secret they must keep from their new friends and neighbors – they aren’t a real family at all. (In the movie, they turn out to be guns-for-hire cast to play family members and do stealth product marketing among their neighbors.) Tigelaar and Mojo’s Fleder and Basile will executive produce alongside the the movie’s producer, Echo Lake Prods.
ABC Developing Series Version Of Indie 'The Joneses' With Liz Tigelaar And Gary Fleder
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- HBO, Russia’s Amedia Expand Deal; ‘Doctor Who’ Showrunner Russell T. Davies To Be Honored At Edinburgh TV Fest…
- Charter Forges Alliance With Dolan Family Media Analytics Firm
- MSNBC Clocks Cable’s Largest Weekday Primetime Crowd For First Time In Its History
- Jimmy Fallon Unveils Former White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer’s New Music Video
- ‘Santa Clarita Diet’: Zach Knighton Set For Major Season 2 Arc On Netflix Comedy
- Sabrina Wind Named TV President Of Jason Reed’s ABC Studios-Based Co.