Life Unexpected creator/executive producer Liz Tigelaar has reunited with the series’ executive producers Gary Fleder and Mary Beth Basile for The Joneses, a drama series project at ABC based on the 2009 indie film which was written and directed by Derrick Borte and starred Demi Moore and David Duchovny. ABC Studios, where Liz Tigelaar and Fleder’s Mojo Films are under deals, is producing. The show is described as a family drama that follows the All-American Joneses, who’ve just moved into an upscale suburb to start a new life. But the Joneses have a secret they must keep from their new friends and neighbors – they aren’t a real family at all. (In the movie, they turn out to be guns-for-hire cast to play family members and do stealth product marketing among their neighbors.) Tigelaar and Mojo’s Fleder and Basile will executive produce alongside the the movie’s producer, Echo Lake Prods.
ABC Developing Series Version Of Indie 'The Joneses' With Liz Tigelaar And Gary Fleder
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars: Best Picture Envelope Disaster Can't Take Away Triumph Of Best Academy Awards Show In Many A Moon(light)
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest TV News
- Steve Harvey To Warren Beatty: “Call Me”
- Amazon Picks Up Sky Drama Series ‘Fortitude’ For Season 2
- Oscars Ratings: Best Picture Gaffe-Stained Show Down To Nine-Year Low
- Comcast Agrees To Add YouTube App To Xfinity Platform
- Viola Davis & Mahershala Ali’s Oscar Wins Prove Successful Film & TV Careers Can Co-Exist
- Oscars: Donald Trump Dominates Until Best Picture Snafu Steals Spotlight