Life Unexpected creator/executive producer Liz Tigelaar has reunited with the series’ executive producers Gary Fleder and Mary Beth Basile for The Joneses, a drama series project at ABC based on the 2009 indie film which was written and directed by Derrick Borte and starred Demi Moore and David Duchovny. ABC Studios, where Liz Tigelaar and Fleder’s Mojo Films are under deals, is producing. The show is described as a family drama that follows the All-American Joneses, who’ve just moved into an upscale suburb to start a new life. But the Joneses have a secret they must keep from their new friends and neighbors – they aren’t a real family at all. (In the movie, they turn out to be guns-for-hire cast to play family members and do stealth product marketing among their neighbors.) Tigelaar and Mojo’s Fleder and Basile will executive produce alongside the the movie’s producer, Echo Lake Prods.
ABC Developing Series Version Of Indie 'The Joneses' With Liz Tigelaar And Gary Fleder
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Raycom Media TV Stations Blacked Out By DirecTV In Carriage Dispute
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over