Life Unexpected creator/executive producer Liz Tigelaar has reunited with the series’ executive producers Gary Fleder and Mary Beth Basile for The Joneses, a drama series project at ABC based on the 2009 indie film which was written and directed by Derrick Borte and starred Demi Moore and David Duchovny. ABC Studios, where Liz Tigelaar and Fleder’s Mojo Films are under deals, is producing. The show is described as a family drama that follows the All-American Joneses, who’ve just moved into an upscale suburb to start a new life. But the Joneses have a secret they must keep from their new friends and neighbors – they aren’t a real family at all. (In the movie, they turn out to be guns-for-hire cast to play family members and do stealth product marketing among their neighbors.) Tigelaar and Mojo’s Fleder and Basile will executive produce alongside the the movie’s producer, Echo Lake Prods.
ABC Developing Series Version Of Indie 'The Joneses' With Liz Tigelaar And Gary Fleder
What's Hot on Deadline
No Obama Bounce For DNC Day 3 Ratings As They Fall Behind RNC, 'Wayward Pines' Finale Down From 2015
Venice Film Festival: Lido To Launch Pics From Ford, Gibson, Malick & More As Awards Season Starts To Buzz - Full List
Bill O'Reilly Defends Comments That Slaves Who Built The White House Were "Well-Fed And Had Decent Lodging" - Update
Cristina Ferrare Out, Replaced By Debbie Matenopoulos As Co-Host Of Hallmark Channel's 'Home & Family'
'The Fighter' Scribes To Co-Write Movie About Leicester City's Hollywood-Ending English Soccer Season
Latest TV News
- No Obama Bounce For DNC Day 3 Ratings As They Fall Behind RNC, ‘Wayward Pines’ Finale Down From 2015
- Dwayne Johnson Comedy ‘Ballers’ Renewed For Season 3 By HBO
- ‘Snowfall’: John Singleton FX Pilot Adds Four To Cast
- MTV Classic Launch: Details About VH1 Classic’s Rebranding & New Lineup
- VH1 & Ice Cube Partner On Hip Hop Version Of ‘Hollywood Squares’
- Stephen Colbert Enlists John Oliver’s Help In ‘Fight Song’ Parody