Two TV productions from Brazil are among the eight nominees for this year’s International Emmy Awards for current affairs and news. They are Discovery Networks Latin America’s The Assassination of Jean Charles Meneses, about the fatal shooting of a Brazilian immigrant mistaken for a suicide bomber in London, and TV Globo’s Jornal Nactional: War on Drugs, which detailed a raid on a drug dealer’s stronghold. Also on the list, Britain’s Sky News Live at Five: Inside the Taliban earned a nom, as did Back from the Brink: Inside the Chilean Mine Disaster, from Japan Broadcasting Corp’s NHK. The winners will be announced Sept. 28 in New York.
8 Noms In International Emmys For News
What's Hot on Deadline
'Coco' Now Higher With $74M+ Thanks To A+ CinemaScore; 'Justice League' At $61M+; 'Wonder' Wows At $32M+: Friday AM Update
Uma Thurman To Harvey Weinstein: "I'm Glad It's Going Slowly, You Don't Deserve A Bullet... Stay Tuned"
'Man Who Invented Christmas' Review: Dan Stevens & Christopher Plummer Turn Scrooge Origin Tale Into A Holiday Treat
Latest TV News
- Al Franken: “Committed To Regaining Trust”; More Comment Expected Sunday
- Matt Berry Reveals British Comedy ‘Toast Of London’ Is To Return
- CBS and Dish Reach Carriage Agreement
- ‘Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Return’ Renewed For Season 2 On Netflix
- Seth Meyers Confirmed For Golden Globes Hosting Gig
- ‘Charlie Brown Thanksgiving’ Special Ratings Top Feast of Holiday Eve Offerings