EXCLUSIVE: Cynthia Swartz, who became a partner at PR powerhouse 42West six months after Leslee Dart exited PMK to form her own company in late 2004, is negotiating her exit. Swartz, who spent 13 years working for Harvey and Bob Weinstein at Miramax before joining 42West in May 2005, is an important Oscar-season strategist and skilled launcher of independent film campaigns. Last year, her Oscar-season clients included The Social Network. Swartz is working with the 42West brain-trust to come up with a workable exit plan so that she can form her own PR shingle. I’m told that her longtime partners are being supportive and that it is expected they will collaborate on future projects. The exit should happen shortly, and we’ll have more on this as it unfolds. The timing is interesting, since awards season gears up again with the Telluride and Toronto festivals.
42West Partner And Oscar Strategist Cynthia Swartz Leaving To Start Own PR Firm
Trending Now on Deadline
'Dancing With The Stars' Finale Ratings Hit 4-Season High, 'The Voice' Down, 'Flash' & 'Mindy Project' Even
More From Fleming Jr
- James Cameron On 'Avatar' Sequels: 'You Will Sh*t Yourself With Your Mouth Wide Open'
- Fox Green Light Starts 'Independence Day' Sequel Countdown
- Leslie Zemeckis Sells Book On Burlesque Siren Lili St. Cyr
- Weinstein Collars Pharrell Williams, Gwen Stefani For 'Paddington' Tune
- Wonderland Buys Insurgent Scribe Brian Duffield's 'The Babysitter' Spec In Auction