EXCLUSIVE: Cynthia Swartz, who became a partner at PR powerhouse 42West six months after Leslee Dart exited PMK to form her own company in late 2004, is negotiating her exit. Swartz, who spent 13 years working for Harvey and Bob Weinstein at Miramax before joining 42West in May 2005, is an important Oscar-season strategist and skilled launcher of independent film campaigns. Last year, her Oscar-season clients included The Social Network. Swartz is working with the 42West brain-trust to come up with a workable exit plan so that she can form her own PR shingle. I’m told that her longtime partners are being supportive and that it is expected they will collaborate on future projects. The exit should happen shortly, and we’ll have more on this as it unfolds. The timing is interesting, since awards season gears up again with the Telluride and Toronto festivals.
42West Partner And Oscar Strategist Cynthia Swartz Leaving To Start Own PR Firm
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Hot Red Band Trailer: 'Nightcrawler'
- Warner Bros To Remake 'Who Am I'; Pic Is German Box Office Sensation
- Jesse Eisenberg's Lex Luthor Joining DC Comics Pic 'Suicide Squad'?
- 'Act Of Killing' Helmer Joshua Oppenheimer Signs With UTA
- Sebastian Stan Joins 'The Martian' And 'Ricki And The Flash'
- Chiwetel Ejiofor Lands On 'The Martian'