EXCLUSIVE: Cynthia Swartz, who became a partner at PR powerhouse 42West six months after Leslee Dart exited PMK to form her own company in late 2004, is negotiating her exit. Swartz, who spent 13 years working for Harvey and Bob Weinstein at Miramax before joining 42West in May 2005, is an important Oscar-season strategist and skilled launcher of independent film campaigns. Last year, her Oscar-season clients included The Social Network. Swartz is working with the 42West brain-trust to come up with a workable exit plan so that she can form her own PR shingle. I’m told that her longtime partners are being supportive and that it is expected they will collaborate on future projects. The exit should happen shortly, and we’ll have more on this as it unfolds. The timing is interesting, since awards season gears up again with the Telluride and Toronto festivals.
42West Partner And Oscar Strategist Cynthia Swartz Leaving To Start Own PR Firm
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
More From Fleming Jr
- Did Sony Or Exhibitors Kill 'The Interview?'
- Sony Pictures Acquires Robert Rodriguez & His Frank Frazetta Homage 'Fire And Ice'
- Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
- Anthony Mackie, Helmer Justin Simien 'Make A Wish' At Paramount
- Gore Verbinski On Cancellation Of North Korea-Based Steve Carell Film