20th Century Fox Television has inked a pod deal with Rough House Pictures. Under the one-year pact, Rough House principals David Gordon Green, Jody Hill, Danny McBride and head Matt Reilly will develop animated and live-action comedies targeted for broadcast networks. This marks the first network TV deal for the company. Hill and McBride co-created the HBO live-action comedy series Eastbound & Down, now in production on its third season, and Green created the upcoming MTV animated comedy series Good Vibes. Additionally, Rough House is producing the Comedy Central comedy pilot Black Jack starring Ving Rhames. “We as a studio are always looking to be in business with people who we think have unique and specific voices, and the group from Rough House have that,” 20th TV chairman Gary Newman said. On the feature side, Pineapple Express helmer Green is directing the forthcoming Jonah Hill comedy The Sitter for 20th Century Fox Studios.
20th TV Signs Pod Deal With Rough House
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
'Justice League' Currently Stumbling With $97M+ Opening: Are 'Wonder' & 'Thor' Cutting Into Business?
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Jeffrey Tambor Accused By 'Transparent' Actress Of Sexual Harassment; Actor Admits "Flaws," Says "Misinterpreted"
Latest TV News
- ‘True Detective’: Carmen Ejogo To Star In Season 3 Of HBO Anthology Series
- AT&T-Time Warner Merger Antitrust Review Casting Pall Over Fox Talks
- Eva Longoria Teams With David Schulner & Nisha Ganatra For ‘Lucky Boy’ Immigrant Drama Series Based On Book
- Ryan Seacrest Denies Behaving “Inappropriately” To E! Stylist, Channel Investigating
- Actress Accuses ‘Girls’ EP Murray Miller Of Sexual Assault; Showrunners Lena Dunham & Jenni Konner Defend Him…
- Netflix Orders Comedy Series Starring Rev Run From Amblin TV & ABC Signature