Just in time for Comic-Con – independent graphic novel and comic book publisher Oni Press and its sister company Closed on Mondays Entertainment have signed with WME in all areas. The companies were previously with Paradigm. On the feature side, Closed on Mondays produced the feature adaptation of “Scott Pilgrim Versus the World and has several projects in various stages of development, including The Last Call with producer Barry Josephson; The Leading Man with producer Marc Platt; “Frenemy of the State” with Imagine Entertainment at Universal; The Return of King Doug starring Ben Stiller and produced by Red Hour Films; and “Ciudad” with Joe and Anthony Russo writing and directing. On the TV side, Closed on Mondays has a first-look deal with CBS TV Studios to adapt Oni properties for the small screen. Oni Press’s Publisher Joe Nozemack and Editor-in-Chief James Lucas Jones oversee the Portland-based publishing office. Closed on Mondays Entertainment’s Eric Gitter leads the Los Angeles team, which includes Peter Schwerin in features, Andy Bourne in TV, and Noah Greenshner in production and development, with the company’s partner Steven V. Scavelli overseeing operations in New York. Oni Press and Closed on Mondays continue to be represented by manager David Guillod and attorney Fred Goodman.
WME Signs Indie Comic Publisher Oni Press
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Raycom Media TV Stations Blacked Out By DirecTV In Carriage Dispute
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over