EXCLUSIVE: WME has signed Mark Tonderai, who directed House At The End Of The Street, the romantic thriller that stars Jennifer Lawrence, Max Theriot and Elisabeth Shue and just got picked up for 2012 release by Relativity Media. The film is Tonderai’s follow-up to his directing debut Hush, which created buzz in the UK, was nominated for a British Independent Film Award, and made the courtship of the director a competitive one among Hollywood agencies. WME will rep him for film and TV. Hush was acquired for U.S. distribution by IFC. Tonderai has started Shona Films with partner Zoe Stewart, and they are developing several projects including an adaptation of the Roger Smith book Wake Up Dead, and they are also working on The Kill Team, a drama about the attempted siege of Sierra Leone in 2002. Tonderai is managed by Brian Lutz and repped in the UK by Josh Varney. Here is a look at the director’s Hush trailer:
WME Signs 'Hush' Helmer Mark Tonderai
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Not So Fast On 'Hey Ho, Let's Go'
- 'Sons Of Anarchy's Charlie Hunnam Is Guy Ritchie's Choice For King Arthur
- Dark Day For Civility In Trade Journalism
- Steve Carell Reunites With Julianne Moore In 'Freeheld'
- Paradigm Signs Joe Johnston
- Sony Pictures Locks Tom Hanks, Ron Howard For April 'Inferno' Start