EXCLUSIVE: WME has signed Mark Tonderai, who directed House At The End Of The Street, the romantic thriller that stars Jennifer Lawrence, Max Theriot and Elisabeth Shue and just got picked up for 2012 release by Relativity Media. The film is Tonderai’s follow-up to his directing debut Hush, which created buzz in the UK, was nominated for a British Independent Film Award, and made the courtship of the director a competitive one among Hollywood agencies. WME will rep him for film and TV. Hush was acquired for U.S. distribution by IFC. Tonderai has started Shona Films with partner Zoe Stewart, and they are developing several projects including an adaptation of the Roger Smith book Wake Up Dead, and they are also working on The Kill Team, a drama about the attempted siege of Sierra Leone in 2002. Tonderai is managed by Brian Lutz and repped in the UK by Josh Varney. Here is a look at the director’s Hush trailer:
WME Signs 'Hush' Helmer Mark Tonderai
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
'The Interview' Release Would Have Damaged Kim Jong Un Internally, Says Rand Expert Who Saw Movie At Sony's Request
More From Fleming Jr
- Ben Affleck, Others Stumping For Bradley Cooper's 'American Sniper' Performance
- Did Sony Or Exhibitors Kill 'The Interview?'
- Did We All Help North Korea Hackers Murder Free Speech This Week?
- Sony Pictures Acquires Robert Rodriguez & His Frank Frazetta Homage 'Fire And Ice'
- Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
- Anthony Mackie, Helmer Justin Simien 'Make A Wish' At Paramount