The Venice International Film Festival announced today that Whit Stillman’s comedy Damsels in Distress will be the closing-night film for the fest’s 68th edition, which opens Aug. 31 with George Clooney’s The Ides of March, which was just tapped for a Gala Presentation spot at the Toronto festival. Stillman’s pic, which stars Greta Gerwig and Adam Brody, will have its world premiere in Venice on Sept. 10 following the festival’s awards ceremony. The full lineup is set to be announced Thursday.
Whit Stillman's 'Damsels In Distress' To Close Venice Film Festival
What's Hot on Deadline
'Alice' Sees $62.7M In Offshore Looking Glass; 'Warcraft' Scores $31.7M; 'X-Men' Cumes $183.4M - Int'l Box Office Final
Moviegoers Turn Out For The 'Apocalypse' Over Memorial Day & Chop Off 'Alice's Head - Monday AM Update
Latest Film News
- Universal Changes Release Date On ‘Pitch Perfect 3’ Again
- Weinstein Company Blasts Open Road & ‘Little Prince’ Producers Over $35M ‘Playmobil…
- ‘Rogue One’: Re-Shoots But No Test Screening; Release Date Not Impacted
- Viacom Watchers Wonder: Who’d Step In If Sumner Redstone Cleans House?
- Cate Blanchett’s Broadway Debut With Chekhovian ‘The Present’ Sets House & Cast
- WGA West Pencils In $4 Million Surplus For Fiscal 2016