The Venice International Film Festival announced today that Whit Stillman’s comedy Damsels in Distress will be the closing-night film for the fest’s 68th edition, which opens Aug. 31 with George Clooney’s The Ides of March, which was just tapped for a Gala Presentation spot at the Toronto festival. Stillman’s pic, which stars Greta Gerwig and Adam Brody, will have its world premiere in Venice on Sept. 10 following the festival’s awards ceremony. The full lineup is set to be announced Thursday.
Whit Stillman's 'Damsels In Distress' To Close Venice Film Festival
What's Hot on Deadline
'Hitman's Bodyguard' Shooting Toward $19M-$20M; 'Logan Lucky' Not So Fortunate With $7M-$8M - Midday Update
Arnold Schwarzenegger To Trump: "Send An Unequivocal Message That You Won't Stand For Hate And Racism"
Barcelona Terrorist Investigation Grows As Police Thwart Second Attack; 14 Dead, 100+ Hurt In Broad Plot - Update
Latest Film News
- Sonny Landham Dies: ‘Predator’ & ‘48 Hrs.’ Actor Was 76
- ‘Deadpool 2’ Crash: Details Emerge In Death Of Stuntwoman Joi Harris
- Warner Bros Touts $1B ‘Conjuring’ Universe With ‘Annabelle: Creation’ Success
- Roman Polanski Denied Dismissal Of 1977 Rape Case; Vital Testimony Stays Sealed
- Sony Pictures Hires Exec From Focus, Promotes Another Ahead Of Toronto
- David Mackenzie’s ‘Outlaw King’ Adds Billy Howle