The Venice International Film Festival announced today that Whit Stillman’s comedy Damsels in Distress will be the closing-night film for the fest’s 68th edition, which opens Aug. 31 with George Clooney’s The Ides of March, which was just tapped for a Gala Presentation spot at the Toronto festival. Stillman’s pic, which stars Greta Gerwig and Adam Brody, will have its world premiere in Venice on Sept. 10 following the festival’s awards ceremony. The full lineup is set to be announced Thursday.
Whit Stillman's 'Damsels In Distress' To Close Venice Film Festival
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pacific Rim Uprising' Takes No. 1 With $23M+; 'Black Panther' Best Marvel Title Ever At Domestic B.O., Beating 'Avengers'
Latest Film News
- ‘Hunter Killer,’ Starring Gerard Butler & Gary Oldman, Pegged For October Release
- Female Directors Scorecard: Sony’s ‘Barbie,’ ‘Charlie’s Angels’ And More
- Nate Parker’s Next Gig: ‘Black & Blue,’ Feature About LAPD Hero Ralph Waddy
- ‘Superfly’ Trailer: Director X Moves The Action To Atlanta
- Pablo Larrain’s ‘The True American’ Talks Are With Amazon, Not Annapurna
- One To Watch: Can Hero-Obsessed Hollywood Make Room For Aspiring Actor Spencer Stone, The Guy Who Dropped That Terrorist On…