The Venice International Film Festival announced today that Whit Stillman’s comedy Damsels in Distress will be the closing-night film for the fest’s 68th edition, which opens Aug. 31 with George Clooney’s The Ides of March, which was just tapped for a Gala Presentation spot at the Toronto festival. Stillman’s pic, which stars Greta Gerwig and Adam Brody, will have its world premiere in Venice on Sept. 10 following the festival’s awards ceremony. The full lineup is set to be announced Thursday.
Whit Stillman's 'Damsels In Distress' To Close Venice Film Festival
What's Hot on Deadline
Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The 'Young Frankenstein' Scene That Cracked Him Up: "We Had To Do It 14 Times"
Latest Film News
- Modern VideoFilm Founder Sues New Owner For $100 Million
- Oscars: ‘Miles Ahead’ & ‘Maggie’s Plan’ Are First 2016 Awards Screeners Sent To Voters As Sony Classics Jumpstarts…
- Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The ‘Young Frankenstein’ Scene That Cracked Him Up: “We Had To Do It 14 Times”…
- Gene Wilder: Remembering A Comedy Movie Icon – Photos
- IATSE Offers To Help ‘Sausage Party’ Animators & Fight “Untenable” VFX Working Conditions
- Emma Thompson In Talks To Star In Director Richard Eyre’s ‘The Children Act’