EXCLUSIVE: Well Go USA has acquired all North American rights to Hit So Hard, a documentary feature about Patty Schemel, the drummer in Courtney Love’s rock band Hole. Well Go has partnered with Variance Films, which plans to release the film in major markets early next year. The film follows the career rise of Schemel, who was catapulted into the music scene in the 1990s with the band’s success, and looks back at her relationships with Hole, Love and Love’s husband Kurt Cobain and the addictions that almost killed her. P. David Ebersole directed the pic from a screenplay he penned with Todd Hughes. Hughes and Christina Soletti produced. The rights deal was negotiated by Kevin Iwashina and Christine D’Souza of Preferred Content and Ryan Saul of APA on behalf of the filmmakers, and by Well Go president Doris Pfardrescher.
Well Go USA Nabs Rights To Documentary About Hole Drummer Patty Schemel
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Keeps B.O. Treasure From 'Tomb Raider'; How 'I Can Only Imagine' Hit A $17M High Note
Ellen Barkin Says "Never Get Into An Elevator Alone With Terry Gilliam" After His Criticism Of #MeToo Movement
'SNL': Anderson Cooper Addresses White House Firings; John Goodman & Fred Armisen Make Surprise Visits
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
Latest Film News
- 'Flower' Blooms In Trio Of Pots; 'Keep The Change' Solid: Specialty Box Office
- Desilu Exploring U.S. Public Offering After Acquisition Of Israel’s Vonetize: Report
- ‘Tomb Raider’ Tops $100M Offshore, Digs Up $41M In China – International Box Office
- ‘The Shape Of Water’ Has Fairy Tale $10M+ China Opening; Crosses $100M Overseas
- Paramount’s ‘Dora The Explorer’ Movie Set For Australia Shoot After Tax Break Concession
- ‘First Match’ And ‘TransMilitary’ Are Among SXSW Audience Award Winners