EXCLUSIVE: Well Go USA has acquired all North American rights to Hit So Hard, a documentary feature about Patty Schemel, the drummer in Courtney Love’s rock band Hole. Well Go has partnered with Variance Films, which plans to release the film in major markets early next year. The film follows the career rise of Schemel, who was catapulted into the music scene in the 1990s with the band’s success, and looks back at her relationships with Hole, Love and Love’s husband Kurt Cobain and the addictions that almost killed her. P. David Ebersole directed the pic from a screenplay he penned with Todd Hughes. Hughes and Christina Soletti produced. The rights deal was negotiated by Kevin Iwashina and Christine D’Souza of Preferred Content and Ryan Saul of APA on behalf of the filmmakers, and by Well Go president Doris Pfardrescher.
Well Go USA Nabs Rights To Documentary About Hole Drummer Patty Schemel
What's Hot on Deadline
DC Digital Service To Launch With 'Titans' Series From Greg Berlanti & Akiva Goldsman And 'Young Justice: Outsiders'
Latest Film News
- Hollywood Remembers Jonathan Demme: “I’ve Known Few Like Him”, Says Ron Howard
- Chris Morgan Productions & Voltage Pictures Team On Action Title ‘The Prodigal’
- Jonathan Demme Has Died At 73; Director Extraordinaire Won Oscar For ‘Silence Of The Lambs’
- Orion & Samuel Goldwyn Nab Philippa Lowthorpe's ‘Swallows And Amazons’
- Netflix Seeks French Compromise For Cannes Films 'Okja' And 'The Meyerowitz Stories'
- Protagonist Pictures Boards Directors’ Fortnight Title ‘The Rider’ — Cannes