EXCLUSIVE: Well Go USA has acquired all North American rights to Hit So Hard, a documentary feature about Patty Schemel, the drummer in Courtney Love’s rock band Hole. Well Go has partnered with Variance Films, which plans to release the film in major markets early next year. The film follows the career rise of Schemel, who was catapulted into the music scene in the 1990s with the band’s success, and looks back at her relationships with Hole, Love and Love’s husband Kurt Cobain and the addictions that almost killed her. P. David Ebersole directed the pic from a screenplay he penned with Todd Hughes. Hughes and Christina Soletti produced. The rights deal was negotiated by Kevin Iwashina and Christine D’Souza of Preferred Content and Ryan Saul of APA on behalf of the filmmakers, and by Well Go president Doris Pfardrescher.
Well Go USA Nabs Rights To Documentary About Hole Drummer Patty Schemel
What's Hot on Deadline
Tucker Carlson Blasts Emmys; Calls It A "Remarkable Triumph Of Identity Politics Over Art & Entertainment"
Latest Film News
- ‘Kingsman: The Golden Circle’ Review: Suave British Spies Are Back & The Wacko Formula Still Works For Fans
- ‘Just Getting Started’ Trailer: Morgan Freeman & Tommy Lee Jones Are Rivals-Turned-Partners
- Zak Olkewicz To Adapt ‘Time Salvager’ For Michael Bay At Paramount
- ‘All I See Is You’ Trailer: Blake Lively Regains Sight In Open Road’s Upcoming Thriller
- ‘It’ Becomes Biggest-Ever September Release With $218.8M As ‘Mother!’ Gets F Report Card & Dismal $7.5M…
- Teyana Taylor, Blair Underwood & French Montana To Topline Netflix Comedy ‘The After Party’