When Deadline broke news last month that Warner Bros has paid $2 million to acquire the David Dobkin spec script Arthur & Lancelot in a bidding war that involved Universal and Fox, insiders said the project would be fast-tracked. That was an understatement. The studio has dated the movie for a March 15, 2013 release. It’s a $90 million budget contemporary re-imagining of the classic tale that Dobkin will direct and produce, with Lionel Wigram with Jeff Kleeman exec producing. Dobkin’s about to open the Universal comedy The Change-Up with Jason Bateman and Ryan Reynolds. The deal essentially squashed several other sword and the stone pics that Warner Bros was developing. That included Bryan Singer’s remake of the 1981 John Boorman pic Excalibur, and the version that Sherlock Holmes director Guy Ritchie had with Trainspotting scribe John Hodge.
Warner Bros Hot For 'Arthur & Lancelot'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Oscar Winner Chris Terrio Returning To CAA
- Gotham Awards Winners List – ‘Spotlight’, ‘Tangerine’, ‘Diary’ And More
- Gotham Awards 2015 Live Blog – ‘Spotlight’ Leads With Wins Including Best Feature
- Bold Films Boards Barbie Origin Story ‘Barbie And Ruth’; Reese Witherspoon Eyed To Star
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Gets China Release Date; Local Poster Unveiled
- Will ‘Star Wars’ Take All The Air Out Of The Christmas Box Office? – Monday B.O. Postmortem