EXCLUSIVE: Warner Bros has acquired screen rights to A Discovery of Witches, the bestselling novel by Deborah Harkness. Denise DiNovi and Allison Greenspan will produce. The debut novel is about a centuries-old vampire, a spellbound witch and a mysterious manuscript that draws them together. They’ll put a writer on it right away as the studio looks for more opportunities to tap the fantasy vein now that the Harry Potter series has concluded. In fact, the success of that final Potter installment has every studio foraging for the next young adult franchise. Harkness is writing this as a trilogy and the second installment, Shadow of Night, will be published by Viking next summer. Harkness was repped by CAA, which made the deal for the Frances Goldin Literary Agency.
Warner Bros Buys 'A Discovery Of Witches'
What's Hot on Deadline
Veteran ‘Criminal Minds’, Comedies 'Life In Pieces' & ‘Kevin Can Wait’ Among Series Left In Limbo After CBS Renewals
Cannes Adds Lars Von Trier, Whitney Houston Doc, Michael B. Jordan Sci-Fi, Terry Gilliam's 'Don Quixote', More
'Homeland': Claire Danes Confirms Series Will End With Season 8, New Pregnancy Not Expected To Impact Production
Latest Film News
- ‘Deadpool 2’ Final Trailer: Ryan Reynolds, Josh Brolin In Dark Battle Of Wits & Fists
- Tina Fey Pays Emotional Tribute To Gilda Radner At Tribeca Opener ‘Love, Gilda’: “We All Saw That And Said, 'I Want To Do That'”…
- Sundance London Reveals Lineup With Strong Female Presence Including ‘The Tale’ & ‘Leave No Trace…
- Cannes Adds Lars Von Trier, Whitney Houston Doc, Michael B. Jordan Sci-Fi, Terry Gilliam’s ‘Don…
- Key Middle East Film Festival Dubai Cancels 2018 Edition
- Tribeca Film Festival World Premiere Of Corazon Aims To Save Lives – Watch The Trailer