EXCLUSIVE: Warner Bros has acquired screen rights to A Discovery of Witches, the bestselling novel by Deborah Harkness. Denise DiNovi and Allison Greenspan will produce. The debut novel is about a centuries-old vampire, a spellbound witch and a mysterious manuscript that draws them together. They’ll put a writer on it right away as the studio looks for more opportunities to tap the fantasy vein now that the Harry Potter series has concluded. In fact, the success of that final Potter installment has every studio foraging for the next young adult franchise. Harkness is writing this as a trilogy and the second installment, Shadow of Night, will be published by Viking next summer. Harkness was repped by CAA, which made the deal for the Frances Goldin Literary Agency.
Warner Bros Buys 'A Discovery Of Witches'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Captain America: Civil War' Pacing Behind 'Ultron' But Still Super With $178M-$188M Opening - Box Office
Alicia Vikander Launches Vikarious Productions; Sets First Project 'Euphoria' With Eva Green- Cannes
FX Orders Ryan Murphy Anthology Series 'Feud', Jessica Lange & Susan Sarandon To Star In First Installment: Crawford v Davis
Latest Film News
- Reteam Of Jason Reitman, Diablo Cody & Charlize Theron Has A Name And Financier
- Sumner Redstone Trial: Judge Says He’ll Consider Dismissal Over The Weekend
- Clive Owen & Jessica Biel Come Aboard ‘Invisible’
- Epic Pictures To Sell ‘Redcon-1’; ‘Spark’ Alights At Double Dutch; Artist View Gets Traplight Pair – Cannes…
- FCC Approves Charter’s Deal To Buy Time Warner Cable
- ‘The Revenant’ Exec Producers Form Production-Financing Entity Facing East