EXCLUSIVE: Warner Bros has acquired screen rights to A Discovery of Witches, the bestselling novel by Deborah Harkness. Denise DiNovi and Allison Greenspan will produce. The debut novel is about a centuries-old vampire, a spellbound witch and a mysterious manuscript that draws them together. They’ll put a writer on it right away as the studio looks for more opportunities to tap the fantasy vein now that the Harry Potter series has concluded. In fact, the success of that final Potter installment has every studio foraging for the next young adult franchise. Harkness is writing this as a trilogy and the second installment, Shadow of Night, will be published by Viking next summer. Harkness was repped by CAA, which made the deal for the Frances Goldin Literary Agency.
Warner Bros Buys 'A Discovery Of Witches'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Baby Driver’s Ansel Elgort To Play Young JFK In ‘Mayday 109’
- ‘Stranger Things’ EP Karl Gajdusek Sells Sci-Fi Spec To Fox & Producer Michael Ellenberg
- Charlie Hofheimer, Aleksa Palladino, Robin Lord Taylor & Clarke Peters To Experience ‘The Mandela Effect’
- Craig Zadan And Neil Meron Sign With ICM Partners
- ‘I Do … Until I Don’t’ Trailer: First Look At Lake Bell’s Film About The Seven-Year Itch
- Hannah Emily Anderson & Brittany Allen To Star In ‘What Keeps You Alive’; Antonio Marziale Cast In ‘Alex Strangelove…