EXCLUSIVE: Walton Goggins has joined the cast of director Steven Spielberg’s Lincoln. He will play Ohio Congressman Wells A. Hutchins, a progressive Democrat who goes against his party and votes in favor of the Thirteenth Amendment to abolish slavery. He will co-star alongside Daniel Day-Lewis as Abraham Lincoln; Sally Field as Mary Todd Lincoln; and David Strathairn, who recently joined the cast, as Secretary of State William Seward. The DreamWorks film — with a screenplay from Tony Kushner based on the bestselling book Team of Rivals by Doris Kerns Goodwin — is set to begin production in the fall in Virginia and will be released in late 2012 through Disney’s Touchstone label. Goggins, who is in the supporting Emmy hunt for playing Boyd Crowder on FX’s Justified and next appears this month in Cowboys & Aliens and in September in Straw Dogs, is repped by APA and manager Darris Hatch.
Walton Goggins Joins Cast Of 'Lincoln'
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Miles Fisher Joins 'Man Seeking Woman'; Michael Liu In 'Sin City Saints'
- Ian Fraser, Emmy-Winning Music Director, Dead At 81
- OSCARS: 134 Pics Vie For Best Feature Documentary
- Chris Rock's 'Top Five' Gets Wide Release; 'Interstellar' Lifts Off 2 Days Early
- 'Today Show' Plugs 'Saturday Night Live' In Annual Halloween Costume Stunt