EXCLUSIVE: Walton Goggins has joined the cast of director Steven Spielberg’s Lincoln. He will play Ohio Congressman Wells A. Hutchins, a progressive Democrat who goes against his party and votes in favor of the Thirteenth Amendment to abolish slavery. He will co-star alongside Daniel Day-Lewis as Abraham Lincoln; Sally Field as Mary Todd Lincoln; and David Strathairn, who recently joined the cast, as Secretary of State William Seward. The DreamWorks film — with a screenplay from Tony Kushner based on the bestselling book Team of Rivals by Doris Kerns Goodwin — is set to begin production in the fall in Virginia and will be released in late 2012 through Disney’s Touchstone label. Goggins, who is in the supporting Emmy hunt for playing Boyd Crowder on FX’s Justified and next appears this month in Cowboys & Aliens and in September in Straw Dogs, is repped by APA and manager Darris Hatch.
Walton Goggins Joins Cast Of 'Lincoln'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Film & TV Firms To Breathe Easier: European Parliament Votes Against ‘Country Of Origin’ Proposals
- ‘Jumanji: Welcome To The Jungle’ Review: Dwayne Johnson, Kevin Hart & Jack Black Are In The Game, But Laughs Don’t…
- Who Reps The Black List 2017 Scripts: The Charts
- ‘Darkest Hour’s Gary Oldman Joins Director Joe Wright And Tells Why He Almost Turned Down The Role Of Churchill – The…
- ’13 Reasons Why’ Star Katherine Langford To Topline YA Film ‘Spontaneous’
- ‘Detective Pikachu’ Gets Summer 2019 Release Date