EXCLUSIVE: Walton Goggins has joined the cast of director Steven Spielberg’s Lincoln. He will play Ohio Congressman Wells A. Hutchins, a progressive Democrat who goes against his party and votes in favor of the Thirteenth Amendment to abolish slavery. He will co-star alongside Daniel Day-Lewis as Abraham Lincoln; Sally Field as Mary Todd Lincoln; and David Strathairn, who recently joined the cast, as Secretary of State William Seward. The DreamWorks film — with a screenplay from Tony Kushner based on the bestselling book Team of Rivals by Doris Kerns Goodwin — is set to begin production in the fall in Virginia and will be released in late 2012 through Disney’s Touchstone label. Goggins, who is in the supporting Emmy hunt for playing Boyd Crowder on FX’s Justified and next appears this month in Cowboys & Aliens and in September in Straw Dogs, is repped by APA and manager Darris Hatch.
Walton Goggins Joins Cast Of 'Lincoln'
What's Hot on Deadline
'A Dog's Purpose' Producer "Horrified" Seeing Video Of Dog Almost Drowning On Set; PETA Calls For Boycott Of Film
'A Dog's Purpose' Director Lasse Hallstrom & Voice Actor Josh Gad Upset Over "Disturbing" Video Of Terrified Dog
Steve Mnuchin On China, The FBI And Relativity, Cayman Island Accounts -- Confirmation Hearing Updated Final
Latest Film News
- Miguel Ferrer Dies: ‘NCIS: Los Angeles’ & ‘Crossing Jordan’ Star Was 61
- What’s Your Gut: Are The Oscars Headed For A ‘Hollywood Ending’?
- Brazilian Filmmaker Kleber Mendonca Filho Inks With ICM Partners
- Robert Redford Sanguine About Donald Trump But “Depressed” About Partisan Politics At Sundance Opening Presser
- Anne Hathaway, Rebel Wilson Are The 'Nasty Women' In MGM's 'Dirty Rotten Scoundrels’ Remake
- ‘My Life As A Zucchini’ Trailer: Will Forte & Ellen Page Voice English-Language Version