EXCLUSIVE: Walton Goggins has joined the cast of director Steven Spielberg’s Lincoln. He will play Ohio Congressman Wells A. Hutchins, a progressive Democrat who goes against his party and votes in favor of the Thirteenth Amendment to abolish slavery. He will co-star alongside Daniel Day-Lewis as Abraham Lincoln; Sally Field as Mary Todd Lincoln; and David Strathairn, who recently joined the cast, as Secretary of State William Seward. The DreamWorks film — with a screenplay from Tony Kushner based on the bestselling book Team of Rivals by Doris Kerns Goodwin — is set to begin production in the fall in Virginia and will be released in late 2012 through Disney’s Touchstone label. Goggins, who is in the supporting Emmy hunt for playing Boyd Crowder on FX’s Justified and next appears this month in Cowboys & Aliens and in September in Straw Dogs, is repped by APA and manager Darris Hatch.
Walton Goggins Joins Cast Of 'Lincoln'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Beauty And The Beast' Roars On To Tracking, Looking To Shake Up March Records - Box Office Projection
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $285M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- Oscars: Pete Hammond’s Absolutely Final FINAL Academy Award Predictions In All 24 Categories
- Shia LaBeouf’s Anti-Trump Project Shut Down After Reports Of Gunfire – Update
- SXSW Apollo Documentary ‘Mission Control’ Rockets To Gravitas Ventures
- China’s Recon Buys 51% Of Millennium Films For $100M
- AMC Networks Shares Jump After Q4 Earnings Top Expectations – Update
- India Censor Denies Release Of ‘Lipstick Under My Burkha’; Cites “Lady Oriented” Story