EXCLUSIVE: Ruth Wilson is in negotiations to play the female lead in Disney’s Lone Ranger, the Jerry Bruckheimer-produced film that stars Armie Hammer as the Masked Man and Johnny Depp as Tonto. Details of her role are sketchy, but it is the female lead whose name is Rebecca. The film has a Dec. 21, 2012 release date. Gore Verbinski is directing. Wilson, a UK actress, had been in the mix for the role along with Jessica Chastain (The Tree of Life) and Abbie Cornish (Limitless). She has had a standout TV career across the pond, starring in the acclaimed 2006 Masterpiece Theatre miniseries Jane Eyre (she was nominated for a Golden Globe) and most recently on the BBC’s Luther opposite Idris Elba.
UK Actress Ruth Wilson In Talks For Female Lead In Disney's 'Lone Ranger'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Hidden Figures' Calculates $27M+ Weekend, 'Rogue' Passes $500M, Other Movies Bomb Over MLK -Tuesday AM Update
Latest Film News
- Popular Japanese Title ‘Attack On Titan’ Eyed By Warner Bros. For ‘Fantastic Beasts’ Producer…
- Harris Dickinson To Star In Fox’s YA Adaptation Of ‘Darkest Minds’
- ‘Dayveon’ Clip: First Look At Sundance NEXT Opener From First-Time Director Amman Abbasi
- Paul Dano Set In Drama ‘7500,’ Marks Feature Helming Debut Of Patrick Vollrath
- ‘Wish Upon’, Broad Green’s Horror Film, Gets Summer 2017 Release Date
- ‘Split’ And ‘xXx’ Merge Into Market While ‘The Founder’ May Get Lost In Heavy Traffic – Box…