EXCLUSIVE: Ruth Wilson is in negotiations to play the female lead in Disney’s Lone Ranger, the Jerry Bruckheimer-produced film that stars Armie Hammer as the Masked Man and Johnny Depp as Tonto. Details of her role are sketchy, but it is the female lead whose name is Rebecca. The film has a Dec. 21, 2012 release date. Gore Verbinski is directing. Wilson, a UK actress, had been in the mix for the role along with Jessica Chastain (The Tree of Life) and Abbie Cornish (Limitless). She has had a standout TV career across the pond, starring in the acclaimed 2006 Masterpiece Theatre miniseries Jane Eyre (she was nominated for a Golden Globe) and most recently on the BBC’s Luther opposite Idris Elba.
UK Actress Ruth Wilson In Talks For Female Lead In Disney's 'Lone Ranger'
What's Hot on Deadline
John Oliver: Steve Bannon Ouster Unsatisfying While "Panderer To White Nationalists" He Worked For Still There
Robert De Niro Lets Loose On Bernie Madoff, How Netflix Is A Savior & Why The Emmys Should Dump On Trump
Latest Film News
- ‘Patti Cake$’ Review: A Star Is Born In Hip-Hop Charmer
- Screen Gems Lands Bodycam Cop Thriller Spec
- 1inMM Prods. Raises $5M In Funds For Genre Films
- ‘How To Be A Latin Lover’s Ken Marino To Next Helm ‘Dog Days’ For LD Entertainment
- Adam Bergerman Upped To Exec Veep, General Sales Mgr At Sony
- For Hollywood’s Film Academy, Time To Let The Thalberg Award Shine