EXCLUSIVE: Ruth Wilson is in negotiations to play the female lead in Disney’s Lone Ranger, the Jerry Bruckheimer-produced film that stars Armie Hammer as the Masked Man and Johnny Depp as Tonto. Details of her role are sketchy, but it is the female lead whose name is Rebecca. The film has a Dec. 21, 2012 release date. Gore Verbinski is directing. Wilson, a UK actress, had been in the mix for the role along with Jessica Chastain (The Tree of Life) and Abbie Cornish (Limitless). She has had a standout TV career across the pond, starring in the acclaimed 2006 Masterpiece Theatre miniseries Jane Eyre (she was nominated for a Golden Globe) and most recently on the BBC’s Luther opposite Idris Elba.
UK Actress Ruth Wilson In Talks For Female Lead In Disney's 'Lone Ranger'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fate Of The Furious' Fires Up $745M Offshore, $908M WW; Tops 'Transformers' In China - International Box Office
Netflix Lands 'Outlaw King'; David Mackenzie Directs Chris Pine As Robert The Bruce In Scottish Epic
Latest Film News
- ‘Aardvark’ Producer/Star Zachary Quinto On Film’s “Valiant” Exploration Of Mental Illness…
- Black Label, Sony Pictures Firm Team-up On ‘Granite Mountain’ & ‘Soldado’
- Chill On Rumors Of Netflix Side Deal As WGA Strike Authorization Looms
- ‘Love After Love’ Star Andie MacDowell: “I've Been Waiting For Something Like This For Such A Long Time”…
- Ed Helms Comedy ‘The Clapper’ Dives Into The World Of Professional Applauding – Tribeca Studio
- Netflix Lands ‘Outlaw King’; David Mackenzie Directs Chris Pine As Robert The Bruce In Scottish Epic