EXCLUSIVE: Ruth Wilson is in negotiations to play the female lead in Disney’s Lone Ranger, the Jerry Bruckheimer-produced film that stars Armie Hammer as the Masked Man and Johnny Depp as Tonto. Details of her role are sketchy, but it is the female lead whose name is Rebecca. The film has a Dec. 21, 2012 release date. Gore Verbinski is directing. Wilson, a UK actress, had been in the mix for the role along with Jessica Chastain (The Tree of Life) and Abbie Cornish (Limitless). She has had a standout TV career across the pond, starring in the acclaimed 2006 Masterpiece Theatre miniseries Jane Eyre (she was nominated for a Golden Globe) and most recently on the BBC’s Luther opposite Idris Elba.
UK Actress Ruth Wilson In Talks For Female Lead In Disney's 'Lone Ranger'
What's Hot on Deadline
Veterans 'Elementary', '2 Broke Girls', 'Criminal Minds' & 'Amazing Race' Among Series Left In Limbo After CBS Renewals
CBS Renews 5 Freshman & 11 Returning Series, Including 'MacGyver', 'Superior Donuts', 'Life In Pieces' & 'Hawaii Five-0'
Latest Film News
- Emily Hampshire To Star In Indie ‘Never Saw It Coming’
- Will Sasso Joins ‘The Burning Woman’; Adrian Glynn McMorra Boards ‘Volition’
- WGA Contract Talks Coming Down To Wire
- No. 13 ‘Batman V. Superman’ Box Office Profits – 2016 Most Valuable Movie Blockbuster Tournament
- Amy Schumer Says Bye-Bye To ‘Barbie’
- Bob Iger: Disney’s Making Long Plans For ‘Star Wars,’ But He’s “Serious” About Leaving…