In a model similar to the one it used for its first scripted project, miniseries Carlos, which just earned 2 Emmy nominations, Sundance Channel has picked up another mini, ITV’s Appropriate Adult. Based on true events, Appropriate Adult tells the story of British serial killer Fred West (Dominic West) and his relationship with his “appropriate adult,” Janet Leach (Emily Watson). (In the UK, an “appropriate adult” is appointed to sit in on police interviews with children or vulnerable adults to safeguard their interests.) Fred West and his wife Rosemary were accused of murdering at least a dozen women between 1967 and 1978. The two-part mini, which is a co-production between Sundance Channel and ITV Studios, was written by Neil McKay. It will premiere on the cable channel in the fall. Like it did with Carlos Sundance quietly joined Appropriate Adult during development but did not disclose its involvement until the minis had completed production.
Sundance Channel Picks Up British Serial Killer Miniseries 'Appropriate Adult'
What's Hot on Deadline
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Tomorrowland' Bows With $26.7M, 'Ultron' Dominates With $45.8M, 'Mad Max' Adds $38.2M, 'Spy' Nabs $12.5M - International B.O.
Hot Cannes 'Circle' Package Imperiled As Alicia Vikander In Talks To Star In 'Assassin's Creed', New 'Bourne' Film
Latest TV News
- Anne Meara Dies; Actress, Comedian Of Stiller Family Was 85
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82
- ‘X-Factor’ Producers Hit With $2M Lawsuit By Contestant; Says Performance Was “Altered”
- Showrunner Jennie Snyder Urman On Almost Passing On ‘Jane The Virgin’, Pace, Title Change & How Will It End
- ‘Fuller’ Brush-Off: Olsens Won’t Head Home For ‘Full House’ Sequel
- Melissa McCarthy Staying At CAA