Michael Thornton, most recently EVP Business & Legal Affairs at Disney/ABC Domestic Television, has been appointed EVP Business and Legal Affairs – Programming, Digital and Worldwide Distribution at Starz Entertainment. Thornton will be responsible for developing the strategic direction of business/legal affairs related to the acquisition of programming content for the Starz Entertainment linear channels, on-demand, and online services. He also will oversee business/legal affairs for distribution of the Starz companies’ content with online/broadband distributors, transactional VOD/EST, and international syndication of Starz Original programming and Starz Media content. Meanwhile, Starz SVP Business Affairs – Programming Richard Turner said he is leaving the company after 12 years.
Starz Taps Michael Thornton For Biz & Legal Affairs Post
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars: Best Picture Envelope Disaster Can't Take Away Triumph Of Best Academy Awards Show In Many A Moon(light)
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest TV News
- Jimmy Kimmel Says This Year’s Crazy Oscars Ceremony Was Cursed – Watch
- Conan Reveals “Confusing” Contents Of Best Picture Card Warren Beatty Was Given At Oscars
- PwC Exec Cancels CNN Segment “Apparently On Orders From The Academy,” Anderson Cooper Says
- Bill O’Reilly Addresses ‘Factors’ Nils Bildt Mystery
- Jon Stewart Pops Up To Explore Donald Trump’s Press Hostility With Stephen Colbert
- Stephen Moyer To Topline Fox Marvel Pilot