Michael Thornton, most recently EVP Business & Legal Affairs at Disney/ABC Domestic Television, has been appointed EVP Business and Legal Affairs – Programming, Digital and Worldwide Distribution at Starz Entertainment. Thornton will be responsible for developing the strategic direction of business/legal affairs related to the acquisition of programming content for the Starz Entertainment linear channels, on-demand, and online services. He also will oversee business/legal affairs for distribution of the Starz companies’ content with online/broadband distributors, transactional VOD/EST, and international syndication of Starz Original programming and Starz Media content. Meanwhile, Starz SVP Business Affairs – Programming Richard Turner said he is leaving the company after 12 years.
Starz Taps Michael Thornton For Biz & Legal Affairs Post
What's Hot on Deadline
M Night Shyamalan Unveils 'Glass': 'Unbreakable' & 'Split' Sequel To Star Bruce Willis, Samuel L Jackson, James McAvoy
Bravo Unveils Unscripted Slate With 6 New & 18 Returning Series; More 'Real Housewives' & 'Vanderpump Rules'
'Timeless' EP Eric Kripke On The Moment He Realized He Was Telling A James Bond Story — AwardsLine Screening Series
Latest TV News
- ‘The President Show’ Inaugurates New Term On Comedy Central
- James Corden Can’t Escape Kurt Russell In Funny ‘Late Late Show’ Bit
- ‘Z: The Beginning Of Everything’ Renewed For Season 2 By Amazon
- Sean Hannity Could Leave Fox News If Murdochs Don’t Back Besieged Co-Prez Bill Shine
- ‘Dear White People’ Review: TV Series Based Movie Is Funny & Moving
- ‘Bachelor’ Alum Chris Soules’ Lawyers Insist He Didn’t Leave Scene Of Fatal Accident