TNT has ordered a second season of Falling Skies, the alien-invasion drama from Steven Spielberg and DreamWorks TV that premiered last month with 8 million total viewers, making it cable’s top series launch this year. The series, starring Noah Wyle, has averaged 6.4 million total viewers in its first three episodes and is attracting strong ratings in overseas territories. The network has ordered 10 episodes for Season 2, which is slated to air in summer 2012.
Second-Season Order For 'Falling Skies'
What's Hot on Deadline
Ellen Pompeo On New 'Grey's Anatomy' Deal, The Show's End Game & Legacy And Her Post-'Grey's' Future - Q&A
Sundance Names Jada Pinkett Smith, Octavia Spencer & Chaz Ebert To Jury; Jason Mantzoukas To Host Awards Show
Ellen Pompeo Inks New 2-Year Deal For 'Grey's Anatomy', Paving Way For Seasons 15 & 16, Adds Producing Duties
Latest TV News
- ‘Quantico’ Casts Vandit Bhatt; Seamus Dever Joins ‘Titans’; Jimmie Saito In ‘Sweetbitter’
- ‘The Alienist’ Review: Nothing Alienating About TNT’s Deft 19th Century Drama
- ‘The Boys’: Antony Starr, Chace Crawford, Dominique McElligott & Jessie Usher Cast In Amazon's Superhero…
- Spike TV Logo Gets Explosive Send-Off On Facebook
- With Sinclair Set To Close Mega Deal, Tribune Exec Warns Local TV M&A Risks “Self-Created Problems”…
- ‘Black Love’: UMC Lands SVOD Rights To OWN Docuseries