TNT has ordered a second season of Falling Skies, the alien-invasion drama from Steven Spielberg and DreamWorks TV that premiered last month with 8 million total viewers, making it cable’s top series launch this year. The series, starring Noah Wyle, has averaged 6.4 million total viewers in its first three episodes and is attracting strong ratings in overseas territories. The network has ordered 10 episodes for Season 2, which is slated to air in summer 2012.
Second-Season Order For 'Falling Skies'
What's Hot on Deadline
'X-Men: Apocalypse' Firing Off $90M, 'Alice' Taking A Spill With $40M Over 4-Day Memorial Day Holiday - Noon Update
Daniel Craig And Katherine Heigl Finalizing Deals To Join Steven Soderbergh's 'Logan Lucky' As James Bond News Surfaces
Latest TV News
- Viacom Renews And Expands Carriage Deal With Cox Communications
- ‘The Walking Dead’s Norman Reedus & Andrew Lincoln Do Their Part For ‘Red Nose Day’
- ‘Red Nose Day’ Ratings Dim From 2015, NBA Playoffs Score Big, ‘500 Questions’ Returns Down
- Jeff Daniels, Scoot McNairy In Talks To Board Scott Frank’s ‘Godless’
- Bernie Sanders Takes ‘Jimmy Kimmel Live’ Victory Lap After Donald Trump Takes Debate Bait
- LA Screenings Buzz: The Hottest Titles, Boom Of Remakes & Hunt For Procedurals