TNT has ordered a second season of Falling Skies, the alien-invasion drama from Steven Spielberg and DreamWorks TV that premiered last month with 8 million total viewers, making it cable’s top series launch this year. The series, starring Noah Wyle, has averaged 6.4 million total viewers in its first three episodes and is attracting strong ratings in overseas territories. The network has ordered 10 episodes for Season 2, which is slated to air in summer 2012.
Second-Season Order For 'Falling Skies'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Show Dogs' Getting Re-Cut By Global Road In Response To Concerns Over Inappropriate Sex Abuse Message
Jason Bateman Apologizes To Jessica Walter Over 'Arrested Development' Interview Comments: "I Was Wrong Here"
'Outlander's Sam Heughan Joins Vin Diesel In Sony's 'Bloodshot'; Eiza Gonzalez, Michael Sheen Also Aboard
ABC Answers Michael Jackson Estate's Claim That Network Didn't Secure Rights For Special On Late Singer - Update
Latest TV News
- ‘Baskets’ Renewed For Fourth Season By FX
- ‘Twin Peaks’ FYC Marathon Set On Showtime
- Jon Avlon Joins CNN Full Time As Senior Political Analyst
- Morgan Freeman On Accusations: “I Apologize To Anyone Who Felt Uncomfortable Or Disrespected”
- Celtics Win Scores Top Spot For ESPN, ‘Empire’ Season Finale Aces Big 4 Battle
- CMT Greenlights ‘Bachelorette Weekend’ Series From ‘Jersey Shore’ Creator & Renews ‘Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders…