EXCLUSIVE: Russell T Davies, who created the Showtime series Queer As Folk as well as the British original, is back at the premium cable network with a new drama series in development there titled Cucumber. Details about the plot have been hard to come by, but it does revolve around gay men, as did Folk. There are plenty of development projects at the network, of course, but when one is from the creator of one of Showtime’s most successful original series (based on Davies’ UK version), it’s a good bet it’s getting a hard look. BBC Worldwide Productions is producing. Davies, who wrote the script, is also the writer and creator of Torchwood: Miracle Day, the BBC Worldwide Productions series that premieres on Starz this Friday.
Russell T Davies Drama Series 'Cucumber' In Development At Showtime
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Film Arcade And Paramount Team On Romantic Comedy 'Love, Rosie'
- Pete Hammond's Telluride Q&A With Makers Of 'The Imitation Game' (Video)
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Remains In Serious Condition Following Thursday Cardiac Arrest
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'