EXCLUSIVE: Russell T Davies, who created the Showtime series Queer As Folk as well as the British original, is back at the premium cable network with a new drama series in development there titled Cucumber. Details about the plot have been hard to come by, but it does revolve around gay men, as did Folk. There are plenty of development projects at the network, of course, but when one is from the creator of one of Showtime’s most successful original series (based on Davies’ UK version), it’s a good bet it’s getting a hard look. BBC Worldwide Productions is producing. Davies, who wrote the script, is also the writer and creator of Torchwood: Miracle Day, the BBC Worldwide Productions series that premieres on Starz this Friday.
Russell T Davies Drama Series 'Cucumber' In Development At Showtime
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- UPDATE: Hollywood Reacts, R.I.P. Fashion Designer Oscar De La Renta
- Lucas Hedges & Penn Badgley Join 'The Slap' Miniseries On NBC; 'Full Circle' Sets Cast
- 'Gold Rush' 5th Season Debut Hits Ratings Motherlode For Discovery
- OSCARS: Eight Documentary Shorts On 2014 Shortlist
- Roger Howarth Joins 'The Flash'; Ryan Hurst In 'Bates Motel'
- Disney Animation Unveils 'Moana' From 'Little Mermaid' Filmmakers For November 2016