Hollywood may not believe it. (Still Questions About Ronni Chasen Murder). But after almost five months of examining more than 150,000 pieces of evidence, the Beverly Hills Police Department has closed its investigation into last year’s murder of Hollywood publicist Ronni Chasen, who was gunned down in her car on a Beverly Hills street Nov. 16 after attending an afterparty for the premiere of Burlesque. The Beverly Hills Courier reports today that police said Harold Martin Smith shot Chasen several times in the chest in a failed robbery attempt; Smith used the same gun to kill himself Dec. 1 as police closed in on him at an apartment complex in a seedy part of Los Angeles.
Police Close Ronni Chasen Murder Case
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Huayi Brothers Spending $130 Million To Start U.S. Subsidiary
- 11 Years Later, Feds Order CNN To Rehire Fired Union Workers
- Hot Trailer: Jason Schwartzman & Elisabeth Moss In 'Listen Up Philip'
- Chiké Okonkwo Set For 'Banshee' Arc; Scott Glenn Joins 'Marvel's Daredevil'
- UPDATE: FCC Weighs In On Local Broadcaster's Rescue Of Dodgers For Stretch Run
- 'Bill Maher: Live From DC' HBO's Most Watched Comedy Special In 5 Years