Commercials house Park Pictures has unveiled a feature film unit, Park Pictures Features. Park Pictures’ Jackie Kelman Bisbee and Lance Acord are teaming with indie writer-producer-director Galt Niederhoffer and producer Sam Bisbee on the venture, which already is underway on its first project, Robot & Frank, which stars Frank Langella, Susan Sarandon, James Marsden, Liv Tyler, Jeremy Strong and Liev Schreiber. The family comedy, which centers on a curmudgeonly dad (Langella) whose kids install a robot as his caretaker, is shooting in New York. Jake Schreier is making his feature directorial debut; Niederhoffer, Bisbee, Kelman Bisbee and Acord are producing, and White Hat/TBB is exec producing. “Park is a company comprised of filmmakers, so as we grow and evolve it only makes sense to develop and produce their feature projects,” said Acord, a director of photography whose credits include Lost In Translation and Where the Wild Things Are. “Being a commercial production company, we have a unique opportunity to utilize our resources within the industry to economically and efficiently make longform films.” Park Pictures plans for two movies in the first year.
Park Pictures Forms Feature Film Division, Sets 'Robot & Frank' As First Feature
What's Hot on Deadline
M Night Shyamalan Unveils 'Glass': 'Unbreakable' & 'Split' Sequel To Star Bruce Willis, Samuel L Jackson, James McAvoy
DC Digital Service To Launch With 'Titans' Series From Greg Berlanti & Akiva Goldsman And 'Young Justice: Outsiders'
Latest Film News
- ‘Permission’ Stars Dan Stevens And Rebecca Hall Discuss Difficult Relationship Questions — Tribeca Studio
- Jonathan Demme And Untold ‘Silence Of The Lambs’ Tales: Hannibal, Clarice, Tally, Hackman, And A Discarded…
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol 2’ Blasts Off With $6.6M On Day 1 At International Box Office
- ‘Cars 3′ Trailer: Ol’ 95 Is Getting Rusty As A Record-Setting New Rival Emerges
- ‘Life Boat’ Director Lorraine Nicholson On Guiding Stephen Dorff Through His First Short Film Experience…
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2’ Gets Wiggy With Innovative Doritos Promo