Commercials house Park Pictures has unveiled a feature film unit, Park Pictures Features. Park Pictures’ Jackie Kelman Bisbee and Lance Acord are teaming with indie writer-producer-director Galt Niederhoffer and producer Sam Bisbee on the venture, which already is underway on its first project, Robot & Frank, which stars Frank Langella, Susan Sarandon, James Marsden, Liv Tyler, Jeremy Strong and Liev Schreiber. The family comedy, which centers on a curmudgeonly dad (Langella) whose kids install a robot as his caretaker, is shooting in New York. Jake Schreier is making his feature directorial debut; Niederhoffer, Bisbee, Kelman Bisbee and Acord are producing, and White Hat/TBB is exec producing. “Park is a company comprised of filmmakers, so as we grow and evolve it only makes sense to develop and produce their feature projects,” said Acord, a director of photography whose credits include Lost In Translation and Where the Wild Things Are. “Being a commercial production company, we have a unique opportunity to utilize our resources within the industry to economically and efficiently make longform films.” Park Pictures plans for two movies in the first year.
Park Pictures Forms Feature Film Division, Sets 'Robot & Frank' As First Feature
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Middle' Series Finale: ABC's Fond Farewell To America's Beloved TV Family Is One "Heck Of A Ride"
'The Middle' Co-Creator On The "Bittersweet" Series Finale, Devoted Fans And Possible 10-Year Reboot
Latest Film News
- ‘Mulan’: Utkarsh Ambudkar & Ron Yuan Added To Disney’s Live-Action Adaptation
- Harvey Weinstein Faces Federal Sex Crimes Probe As NYC & LA Cases Amble
- Military Hero John Chapman’s Incredible Story To Come To Big Screen, Courtesy Of Thruline Entertainment
- Bill Hader & Alec Berg Bringing ‘Barry’ To Produced By Conference
- Tyler Posey To Co-Star In ‘The Last Summer’
- Paramount Wins Cory Goodman Spec ‘The Oberlin Incident;’ Safehouse & Aperture To Produce