Commercials house Park Pictures has unveiled a feature film unit, Park Pictures Features. Park Pictures’ Jackie Kelman Bisbee and Lance Acord are teaming with indie writer-producer-director Galt Niederhoffer and producer Sam Bisbee on the venture, which already is underway on its first project, Robot & Frank, which stars Frank Langella, Susan Sarandon, James Marsden, Liv Tyler, Jeremy Strong and Liev Schreiber. The family comedy, which centers on a curmudgeonly dad (Langella) whose kids install a robot as his caretaker, is shooting in New York. Jake Schreier is making his feature directorial debut; Niederhoffer, Bisbee, Kelman Bisbee and Acord are producing, and White Hat/TBB is exec producing. “Park is a company comprised of filmmakers, so as we grow and evolve it only makes sense to develop and produce their feature projects,” said Acord, a director of photography whose credits include Lost In Translation and Where the Wild Things Are. “Being a commercial production company, we have a unique opportunity to utilize our resources within the industry to economically and efficiently make longform films.” Park Pictures plans for two movies in the first year.
Park Pictures Forms Feature Film Division, Sets 'Robot & Frank' As First Feature
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office 4-Day: 'Guardians' No. 1 With $280M Cume; 'As Above' Best Of Newcomers; 'Cantinflas' Opens Well
More From Team
- Pete Hammond's Telluride Q&A With Makers Of 'The Imitation Game' [Video]
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Remains In Serious Condition Following Thursday Cardiac Arrest
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'
- A+E Networks Outbids Time Warner For 10% Vice Media Stake