Thanks to the bounty from such films as Transformers: Dark of the Moon, Super 8, Thor, Rango and Kung Fu Panda 2, Paramount confirmed today that it has crossed the $1 billion mark at the domestic box office for the year. It is the first studio to surpass the milestone — the fifth consecutive year it’s been first. From Jan. 3-July 4, the studio’s overall domestic cume is $1.024 billion. Earlier this month, Paramount Pictures International crossed the $1 billion mark in overseas box office.
Paramount First Studio This Year To Top $1B At Domestic Box Office
What's Hot on Deadline
How My Struggle As A Survivor Of Sexual Abuse Became 'The Tale', A Movie I Hope Will Change The World - Guest Column
Latest Box Office News
- Deadpool’s Thank You Vs. ‘Golden Girls’ Opening Theme: Who Swore It Better?
- ‘Insidious: The Last Key’ Locks Up $100M+ Overseas For Franchise First
- Why Is ‘Solo’ Flying So Low At The B.O.? Memorial Day Opening Now At $114M+
- ‘Solo: A Star Wars Story’ Starts Offshore With $11.4M; China Grounds Flying Ace
- Elle Fanning Is 'Mary Shelley'; Fashion's André Talley Lands Doc – Specialty B.O. Preview
- ‘Rocketman’ Elton John Biopic Tunes Up For Next May; ‘Transformers 7’ Moved Off Calendar & More Paramount…