Thanks to the bounty from such films as Transformers: Dark of the Moon, Super 8, Thor, Rango and Kung Fu Panda 2, Paramount confirmed today that it has crossed the $1 billion mark at the domestic box office for the year. It is the first studio to surpass the milestone — the fifth consecutive year it’s been first. From Jan. 3-July 4, the studio’s overall domestic cume is $1.024 billion. Earlier this month, Paramount Pictures International crossed the $1 billion mark in overseas box office.
Paramount First Studio This Year To Top $1B At Domestic Box Office
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Box Office News
- ‘The Jungle Book’ Swings Past $600M Global; Crossing $400M Overseas Today
- ‘Captain America: Civil War’ Shoots To $84M In 3 Days At Offshore Box Office – Saturday Update
- ‘Jungle Book’ Tide Rises & Drowns ‘Keanu’, ‘Mother’s Day’ & ‘Ratchet & Clank’…
- How A DreamWorks-Illumination Combo Beats Disney At The B.O.
- Scott Rudin’s ‘Shuffle Along’ Ruled A New Musical, Setting Up A Likely ‘Hamilton’ Showdown At…
- As Broadway Braces For Tony Races, ‘Shuffle Along’ Gets Key Ruling: Gerard & Roth