OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network and TLC have acquired off-network rights to Undercover Boss from CBS Television Distribution, with the plan to schedule the CBS series beginning in fall 2012. The series averaged more than 17 million viewers an episode during its first season on CBS and was nominated for an Emmy in the Best Reality Show category. Its second season has averaged 12 million viewers. “Undercover Boss is a perfect fit for OWN and TLC as it focuses on improving lives, which very much reflects both networks’ missions,” said Scott Koondel, president, distribution, CBS Television Distribution. “We are excited that their viewers will have the chance to see this exceptional show.”
OWN & TLC Pick Up Off-Net Rights To 'Undercover Boss'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- R.I.P. Dutch Filmmaker George Sluizer
- 'Saturday Night Live' Insists No Decision On Kenan Thompson After Report Says He's Out At Season End
- Taylor Louderman & Alanna Saunders Join 'Peter Pan Live!'
- DeadlineNow Reviews: 'Gotham' (Video)
- Ken Burns' 'The Roosevelts' Docu His Most Streamed To Date
- 'Lavalantula': Lava-Spewing Tarantulas Attack Los Angeles In Syfy's Latest Schlock-athon