OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network and TLC have acquired off-network rights to Undercover Boss from CBS Television Distribution, with the plan to schedule the CBS series beginning in fall 2012. The series averaged more than 17 million viewers an episode during its first season on CBS and was nominated for an Emmy in the Best Reality Show category. Its second season has averaged 12 million viewers. “Undercover Boss is a perfect fit for OWN and TLC as it focuses on improving lives, which very much reflects both networks’ missions,” said Scott Koondel, president, distribution, CBS Television Distribution. “We are excited that their viewers will have the chance to see this exceptional show.”
OWN & TLC Pick Up Off-Net Rights To 'Undercover Boss'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- 'MythBusters' Chops Three To Take Show Back To Its Roots
- Alicia Witt Signs With Innovative Artists & The Schiff Company
- Ghost-Hunter Drama Set To Haunt BBC America & BBC One
- 'Sleepy Hollow' Heads To Hulu Plus
- Courtney B. Vance & James Remar Join 'State Of Affairs'; Jennifer Healy Takes 'Selfie'
- Relativity Teams With Jonathan Goldstein and John Francis Daley On 'All Day And A Night'