Hollywood arrived at the annual Allen & Co investment conference in Sun Valley today — but I don’t know why. It’ll be a showbiz snorefest. Because only “A Conversation With Oprah Winfrey” is scheduled and no one is interested unless she comes clean about how much money she’s caused Discovery’s David Zaslav to piss away. That’s a departure from last year when showbiz came back into favor at Camp Allen because of an “Entertainment Panel” consisting of Barry Diller, Peter Chernin, Jeff Katzenberg, and Bobby Kotick (the CEO/president of Activision Blizzard). The YouTube/Twitter types will participate in “The New Breed” panel. And Bill Gates interviews Facebook’s Mark Zuckerberg. Otherwise, there’s an emphasis on overseas: “Building A Business In China” confab, “Mexico Today”, “The Middle East”, a sit-down with Jordan’s King Abdullah II (who just endorsed a Cabinet reshuffle on Saturday in the wake of scandals and resignations), a confab about the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, and a how-to panel on “Managing Global Enterprises in Turbulent Times”. Also speaking will be Brigadier General Loree Sutton (the highest ranking psychiatrist in the US army), New Jersey Governor Chris Christie, and panelists for “Managing Hyper-Growth Companies”. Gone are the Friday night dildos. Or the sandwich boards for out-of-work moguls. Gawd, Camp Allen isn’t worth covering anymore.
Oprah Only Hollywood Star At Camp Allen
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: 2nd Best Sunday $60M+; 3-Day $201M+; 4-Day To Shred 'Jurassic World' & Possibly 'Last Jedi'
Winter Olympics: Adam Rippon Turns Down NBC Correspondent Position, Net Struggles With Broadcast Gaffes — Update
Olympic Curling Medalist From Russia Busted For Doping; Wardrobe Malfunction Leaves French Ice Dancer Exposed
Latest Film News
- Oscars Street Closures: When & Where To Expect Detours, Delays
- SAG-AFTRA Closes “Wigging” Probe, Says It “Remains Committed” To Ending Practice Of Men Doubling For Women
- Activist Organization Hosts Voter Registration Events At ‘Black Panther’ Screenings
- Blue Fox Hires Myriad Pictures’ Audrey Delaney As Marketing & Distribution SVP – Berlin
- José Padilha Lifts The Lid On ‘7 Days In Entebbe’ – Berlin
- ‘Black Panther’ Blasts Off With $169M Overseas; $371M WW Weekend – International Box Office