EXCLUSIVE: Niels Arden Oplev is in negotiations to direct Game Theory, a feature for Summit Entertainment and Participant Media. The screenplay, written by Michael Alan Lerner, centers on a college professor and game theorist who gets sucked into a large-scale global crisis. Temple Hill Entertainment is producing with Alex Goldstone and Adam Shulman of Anonymous Content. Summit president of production Erik Feig and VP production Gillian Bohrer are overseeing the project for the studio. Oplev, the Danish director who helmed the original version of The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, recently directed the pilot for CBS’ upcoming drama The Rememberer. He is repped by ICM.
Niels Arden Oplev In Talks To Direct 'Game Theory' For Summit & Participant Media
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- UPDATE: Hollywood Reacts, R.I.P. Fashion Designer Oscar De La Renta
- Lucas Hedges & Penn Badgley Join 'The Slap' Miniseries On NBC; 'Full Circle' Sets Cast
- 'Gold Rush' 5th Season Debut Hits Ratings Motherlode For Discovery
- OSCARS: Eight Documentary Shorts On 2014 Shortlist
- Roger Howarth Joins 'The Flash'; Ryan Hurst In 'Bates Motel'
- Disney Animation Unveils 'Moana' From 'Little Mermaid' Filmmakers For November 2016