It looks like we’ll have to get our profanity fix elsewhere this fall. Today, HBO Sports and NFL Films announced that HBO’s Hard Knocks, a five-episode series that follows a single NFL team during preseason training camp, will not air this season. The companies in a release blamed the lockout-shortened offseason that will condense teams’ prep times for the upcoming season, but several teams reportedly declined offers to host the show. The four-month labor stoppage ended Monday when NFL players and owners agreed to a new 10-year collective bargaining agreement. HBO said a 90-minute edition of Hard Knocks cobbled together with footage from previous seasons will premiere Aug. 31, and that the series will resume in 2012. Last year’s Hard Knocks featured the New York Jets and coach Rex Ryan, who started off the first show of the season with a swear-word-rich rant that he said he eventually had to apologize to his mother for.
NFL Lockout Casualty: HBO's 'Hard Knocks'
What's Hot on Deadline
DGA Awards: Alejandro G. Iñárritu Wins Feature Film Award For 'The Revenant'; HBO Cleans Up With Wins For 'Game Of Thrones', 'Veep' & 'Bessie' - Full List
'Kung Fu Panda 3' Does Touchdown Dance With $21M As Super Bowl Weekend Slaughters 'Zombies', 'Choice': Sunday B.O.
DGA Awards: Inarritu's Big Win Gives Momentum To 'Revenant' But Keeps Best Picture Race In The Undecided Column
'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Reaches Unprecedented Height At Domestic B.O. With $900M, $2B Worldwide
'Revenant', 'Martian' Land New Global Milestones; 'Kung Fu Panda 3' Tops $100M In China - Intl Box Office
Latest TV News
- Barack Obama Wins Soft Bowl With CBS’ Gayle King In Super Bowl Interview
- ABC’s GOP Debate Wins Saturday, Draws 13.2 Million Viewers
- Ray Colcord Dies: Emmy-Nominated Television Composer Was 66
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Ratings Solid With Host Larry David
- Three Best GOP Debate Moments – From Ben Carson’s Kickoff Fumble To Candidate Contretemps
- Video – Ben Stiller, Owen Wilson Zoolander-ize Hillary, Bernie & Donald On ‘SNL’