Following great TV ratings for last year’s Men’s World Cup Finals and this year’s UEFA Championships Final, yesterday’s FIFA’s Women’s World Cup Final between USA and Japan drew 13.5 million viewers, the larges audience ever for a soccer match on ESPN. Overall, the game, which USA lost on penalty kicks after a 2-2 tie, was the second most watched women’s soccer match ever behind the 1999 final between USA and China on ABC, which still holds the ratings record for a soccer telecast in the U.S. with 18 million viewers.
More Big Soccer U.S. TV Ratings: Women's World Cup Final Sets Record For ESPN
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ‘Timeless’ Awaits Renewal Decision By NBC As Season 1 Ends: Is It Out Of Time?
- Conan O’Brien Makes Guest Appearance On Mexican Telenovela ‘Mi Adorable Maldición’
- Brenda Buttner Dies: Fox News ‘Bulls And Bears’ Host Was 55
- Judd Apatow Roasts Donald Trump In Stand-up Routine: “I Feel Like I’ve Just Been Raped”
- Simon & Schuster Cancels Milo Yiannopoulos ‘Dangerous’ Book Deal After Conservative Blog Digs Up…
- SAG-AFTRA Disputes Trump's Claim That News Media Is "Enemy Of The American People"