Mike Vogel (Blue Valentine) is set to star in ABC’s new drama series Pan Am, which will air on Sundays after Desperate Housewives this fall. On the Sony TV-produced show, about a group of pilots and flight attendants working at the iconic Pan Am Airlines in the 1960s, Vogel will play the male lead, the charismatic and confident Dean who had longed to be a pilot since he was a boy and has just been made the captain of the amazing new Pan Am clipper, the Majestic, living every man’s dream, exploring the world and leading the crew. Vogel replaces Jonah Lotan who played the role in the pilot. Word is the role would be beefed up with Vogel on board. Also starring on the series are Christina Ricci, Kelli Garner and Margot Robbie. Vogel, repped by WME and manager Geordie Frey, will next be seen in DreamWorks’ The Help. His series credits include Miami Medical and Grounded For Life.
Mike Vogel To Star In ABC Series 'Pan Am'
Trending Now on Deadline
'Dancing With The Stars' Finale Ratings Hit 4-Season High, 'The Voice' Down, 'Flash' & 'Mindy Project' Even
More From Andreeva
- 'Red Band Society' Pulled From Schedule, Will Stop Production After 13 Episodes
- Networks Scale Back, Bet On Remakes & Medical Dramas This Development Season
- Joe Bastianich To Depart 'MasterChef' Franchise
- Joel McHale To Produce E! Pilot About Snarky Web Comments
- Nicole Kidman & Reese Witherspoon To Star In 'Big Little Lies' Limited Series, Penned By David E. Kelley
- Viola Davis & Debra Martin Chase Produce Drama Based On Prosecutor Kym Worthy