Hammer Films will produce and finance Wake, a story that the studio says involves a “modern day Jekyll and Hyde who knows no bounds.” It’s in the hands of Swedish director Mikael Hafstrom, who’s also responsible for The Rite and 1408. The screenplay is from Christopher Borrelli, who’s also writing The Vatican Tapes, due in 2014, with a new draft by Matt Sand, who’s working on Deepwater Horizon, about the oil-rig disaster in the Gulf of Mexico.
Mikael Hafstrom To Direct Thriller 'Wake'
What's Hot on Deadline
Jimmy Kimmel: Donald Trump Would Sign Copies Of Koran At Barnes & Noble In Fallujah To Kill Bill Named For Obama
Latest Film News
- Oscilloscope Scores ‘Sollers Point’ Ahead Of San Sebastian Premiere
- Voltage In Talks For Rod Lurie-Directed ‘Black Eyed Susans’
- Director Darren Aronofsky Defends ‘Mother!’ As “A Punk Movie” Designed To Provoke
- Nina Dobrev Joins Ken Marino’s ‘Dog Days’ Pic, Filming Roger Avary’s ‘Lucky Day’
- Josh Greenstein Re-Ups At Sony As Marketing & Distribution President For Three More Years
- Oscars: Russia Enters Andrey Zvyagintsev’s ‘Loveless’ In Foreign Language Race