Hammer Films will produce and finance Wake, a story that the studio says involves a “modern day Jekyll and Hyde who knows no bounds.” It’s in the hands of Swedish director Mikael Hafstrom, who’s also responsible for The Rite and 1408. The screenplay is from Christopher Borrelli, who’s also writing The Vatican Tapes, due in 2014, with a new draft by Matt Sand, who’s working on Deepwater Horizon, about the oil-rig disaster in the Gulf of Mexico.
Mikael Hafstrom To Direct Thriller 'Wake'
What's Hot on Deadline
Cecily Strong Struggles To Follow Obama And Anger Translator Luther At White House Correspondents Dinner
'Furious 7' Hits $320.5M, 'Adaline' Lures Ladies: The Calm Before 'Age Of Ultron' Conquers - Final Sunday B.O. Update
Latest Film News
- Oscar Winner John Legend Talks Blacks In Prison, Police Brutality On CNN
- ‘Avengers: Age Of Ultron’ Opens To Mighty $201.2M Overseas; Sets IMAX Record
- “Kurt Cobain: Montage of Heck’ Rocks Specialty Box Office
- No Sunday Column
- ‘Furious 7′ Crosses $1B Overseas; Passes ‘T4′ In China As Top-Grossing Film Ever
- ‘King Jack’, ‘TransFatty Lives’ Take Top Audience Honors At Tribeca Film Festival