Hammer Films will produce and finance Wake, a story that the studio says involves a “modern day Jekyll and Hyde who knows no bounds.” It’s in the hands of Swedish director Mikael Hafstrom, who’s also responsible for The Rite and 1408. The screenplay is from Christopher Borrelli, who’s also writing The Vatican Tapes, due in 2014, with a new draft by Matt Sand, who’s working on Deepwater Horizon, about the oil-rig disaster in the Gulf of Mexico.
Mikael Hafstrom To Direct Thriller 'Wake'
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- PBS And CBS Dominate News & Documentary Emmys
- Greg Ellis Signs With Gersh; Pantheon Signs J.C. Chasez, Chris Payne Gilbert
- 'Twilight' Short-Film Competition For Women Is Backed By Stephenie Meyer & Lionsgate
- 'NCIS' Security Guard's Family Wins $10 Million Judgment Against CBS
- 'Horrible Bosses 2′ Trailer: Chris Pine, Christoph Waltz Do Bad Biz In Sequel
- UPDATE: Teresa Palmer Joins Benjamin Walker In 'The Choice', Nicholas Sparks Adaptation From Lionsgate