EXCLUSIVE: David Goyer has worked with Thomas Tull’s Legendary Pictures on both Chris Nolan’s Batman trilogy and the new Superman reboot Man Of Steel. Now the in-demand writer will pen the screenplay, from a draft written by David Callaham, for Legendary Pictures’ new version of Godzilla. The project will fall under Legendary’s overall agreement with Warner Bros while Toho Company, which own the rights to the oversized reptile, will distribute the film in Japan. Toho’s Godzilla franchise boasts one of the most widely recognized film creatures worldwide, resulting in a series of books, television programs, video games and more than 25 films worldwide. Legendary intends to approach the film and its characters in the most authentic manner possible and was smart to get a pro like Goyer on board so early in the process since he has so much experience creating franchises. Of course, Sony Pictures in 1998 tried to jumpstart a Godzilla franchise and that disappointed. And the first Godzilla movie came out in 1954 which was an indictment of nuclear wweaponry. Gareth Edwards is attached to direct the Legendary project. Thomas Tull and Jon Jashni will produce on behalf of Legendary. Goyer is repped by CAA.
Legendary Hires David Goyer For 'Godzilla'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Coco' Mints $12M+ Wednesday & Fights 'Justice League' For No. 1 At Thanksgiving Box Office With $68M
'Chicago P.D.'s Jason Beghe Investigated By NBC For "Inappropriate Behavior" Amid Sexual Harassment Claims
Latest Film News
- ‘Tulip Fever’ Producer Alison Owen Lifts The Lid On Working With Weinstein
- ‘The Death Of Stalin’ Wins Three British Independent Film Awards
- Uma Thurman Exits CAA
- Jillian Bell To Star In ‘Brittany Runs A Marathon’; Michaela Watkins, Utkarsh Ambudkar & Lil Rel Howery…
- ‘Man Who Invented Christmas’ Review: Dan Stevens & Christopher Plummer Turn Scrooge Origin Tale Into A…
- 'Darkest Hour', 'Call Me By Your Name', ‘Man Who Invented Christmas’ Usher Holiday – Specialty B.O. Preview