Lee Pace has joined the cast of Steven Spielberg’s Lincoln, playing opportunistic New York City mayor Fernando Wood, a prominent early supporter of the Confederate cause. The mayor traded frequent correspondence with President Lincoln, played by Daniel Day-Lewis. Pace just finished a run in the Tony-winning revival of Larry Kramer’s The Normal Heart. He also wrapped the final Twilight Saga installment Breaking Dawn, and this fall shoots the role of Elven King Thranduil in Peter Jackson’s The Hobbit.
Twilight Saga Actor Lee Pace Joins 'Lincoln'
What's Hot on Deadline
After Horrific Summer At Box Office, 'It' Will Bring Life To Fall Marketplace With Potential $60M Opening
Barcelona Terrorist Attack: 13 Confirmed Dead, 50 Hurt After Van Rams Crowd; Two Suspects Arrested - Update
'Suits' Spinoff Starring Gina Torres To Be Introduced In 'Suits' Season 7 Finale, Will Be About Chicago Politics
Latest Film News
- Brendan Coyle Joins ‘Mary Queen Of Scots’; Michael Harney Cast In ‘Widows’
- Esai Morales Threatens Election Fraud Complaint If “Petty Politics” Continue At SAG-AFTRA
- ‘American Sniper’ Scribe Jason Hall To Direct George Washington Pic ‘The Virginian’
- Navot Papushado & Aharon Keshales To Helm ‘Ambulance’
- Lionsgate Taps WB Exec To Streamline Biz After Starz Buy
- Gkids Acquires Japanese Sci-Fi Fantasy ‘Napping Princess’ For Fall Release