Lee Pace has joined the cast of Steven Spielberg’s Lincoln, playing opportunistic New York City mayor Fernando Wood, a prominent early supporter of the Confederate cause. The mayor traded frequent correspondence with President Lincoln, played by Daniel Day-Lewis. Pace just finished a run in the Tony-winning revival of Larry Kramer’s The Normal Heart. He also wrapped the final Twilight Saga installment Breaking Dawn, and this fall shoots the role of Elven King Thranduil in Peter Jackson’s The Hobbit.
Twilight Saga Actor Lee Pace Joins 'Lincoln'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Maze Runner: The Death Cure’ Release Moved To 2018 As Dylan O’Brien Recovers
- Sequel To Cult Sci-Fi Pic ‘The Man From Earth’ A Go With Vanessa Williams, Sterling Knight Among Cast
- Indie Producers Say They're Getting Shortchanged By California's Tax Incentives Program
- ‘X-Men: Apocalypse’ Review: Marvel’s New Mutant Saga Mixes Old With New, And Fans Should Eat It Up
- Viacom’s Battle With Sumner Redstone Could Hurt Credit, S&P Says
- ‘Carnage Park’ Gets Summer Release Date From IFC Midnight