EXCLUSIVE: Kim Dickens has been cast in a lead role alongside Dennis Quaid and Zac Efron in Killer Films’ Heartland, which revolves around a traditional father (Quaid) who wishes for his race-car driver son (Efron) to take over the family-run seed business in Iowa, a tale that includes racing and illegal goings-on. Dickens will play the mother, Irene. Pam Koffler and Christine Vachon are producing for Killer Films. Dickens, who is a series regular on HBO’s drama series Treme and next appears on the big screen in Paramount’s Footloose, is repped by Gersh.
'Treme's Kim Dickens Moving To 'Heartland'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- California Enacts Law Preventing IMDb From Listing Actors' Ages
- Bill Nunn Dies: ‘Do The Right Thing’ And ‘Spider-Man’ Trilogy Actor Was 62
- Antoine Fuqua On ‘Magnificent Seven,’ ‘Scarface’ And How One Black Director Made The A-List
- ‘Magnificent Seven’ Roping $35.3M Opening; Stick A Fork In ‘Storks’ – Saturday AM B.O. Update
- Hot Spec Script ‘American Rebel’ Acquired By Amy Pascal
- Julia Roberts To Star In Feature Film About PTA Mom Framed For Drug Possession