EXCLUSIVE: Kim Dickens has been cast in a lead role alongside Dennis Quaid and Zac Efron in Killer Films’ Heartland, which revolves around a traditional father (Quaid) who wishes for his race-car driver son (Efron) to take over the family-run seed business in Iowa, a tale that includes racing and illegal goings-on. Dickens will play the mother, Irene. Pam Koffler and Christine Vachon are producing for Killer Films. Dickens, who is a series regular on HBO’s drama series Treme and next appears on the big screen in Paramount’s Footloose, is repped by Gersh.
'Treme's Kim Dickens Moving To 'Heartland'
What's Hot on Deadline
Sarah Jones' Parents Unveil New "Safety For Sarah" PSA, Tell Sundance "Never Again, Never Forget" - Video
More From Team
- Nick Jonas Joins Fox Horror-Comedy Anthology ‘Scream Queens’
- Bob Bardo Dies; Longtime Dick Clark Productions Exec
- Black List Horror Pic ‘Dark Was The Night’ Sells To Image; Breaking Glass Picks Up ‘Uncertain Terms’…
- Super Bowl: Will Ferrell, Kevin Hart, Ariana Grande Headline ‘Tonight Show’s Post-Game Special
- Emma Watson Cast As Belle In Disney’s ‘Beauty And The Beast’
- WGA East Heavyweights Sign Petition Urging ITV To Bargaining Table