EXCLUSIVE: Kim Dickens has been cast in a lead role alongside Dennis Quaid and Zac Efron in Killer Films’ Heartland, which revolves around a traditional father (Quaid) who wishes for his race-car driver son (Efron) to take over the family-run seed business in Iowa, a tale that includes racing and illegal goings-on. Dickens will play the mother, Irene. Pam Koffler and Christine Vachon are producing for Killer Films. Dickens, who is a series regular on HBO’s drama series Treme and next appears on the big screen in Paramount’s Footloose, is repped by Gersh.
'Treme's Kim Dickens Moving To 'Heartland'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Deadpool' Smacking Christian Grey's February Records With $47.5M+ Friday, Amazing $129M-$136M 4-day
Universal Wins 'The Grownup'; 'Gone Girl' Author Gillian Flynn Short Story Sells In High-Six-Figure Deal
Latest Film News
- Nigel Lythgoe To Exec Produce Dance Pic ‘Tackling Romeo’ – Berlin
- Focus Features Makes Big Berlin Deal; $9 Million For Interracial Marriage Drama ‘Loving’
- Rob Cohen’s ‘Category 5’ Sees Storm Of Sales Action For Foresight – Berlin
- Paul Rudd, Steve Coogan To Share ‘An Ideal Home’ – Berlin
- Charlotte Rampling To Star With Josh Hartnett In ‘Valley of the Gods’ – Berlin
- ‘Kill Me, Deadly’ Trailer: ‘Criminal Minds’ Crew’s Noir Comedy Gets April 1 Release Date