EXCLUSIVE: Kim Dickens has been cast in a lead role alongside Dennis Quaid and Zac Efron in Killer Films’ Heartland, which revolves around a traditional father (Quaid) who wishes for his race-car driver son (Efron) to take over the family-run seed business in Iowa, a tale that includes racing and illegal goings-on. Dickens will play the mother, Irene. Pam Koffler and Christine Vachon are producing for Killer Films. Dickens, who is a series regular on HBO’s drama series Treme and next appears on the big screen in Paramount’s Footloose, is repped by Gersh.
'Treme's Kim Dickens Moving To 'Heartland'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Matt Damon To Receive Stanley Kubrick Britannia Award From BAFTA LA
- SXSW Winner ‘Most Beautiful Island’ Gets Nov. Release From Orion & Samuel Goldwyn
- ‘The Meyerowitz Stories’ Trailer: “Dad, She Hears Everything You’re Saying”
- Venice Winner ‘Nico, 1988’ Acquired By Magnolia Pictures
- 20th Century Fox, UK-Based Locksmith Animation Enter Into Multi-Year Production Deal
- Hulu Acquires ‘Food Evolution,’ Acclaimed, Highly Controversial Doc