EXCLUSIVE: House executive producer Katie Jacobs is teaming with Groundswell Productions to adapt Kevin Michael Connolly’s memoir Double Take into a feature film. Jacobs plans to direct the movie, which is now out to writers. Michael London’s Groundswell is financing development. Connolly is a photographer, X-Games ski champion and skateboarder who was born without legs. While traveling in Europe in his early 20s, he began taking photos of people who were staring at him — turning the watchers into the watched. The photos became a traveling exhibit that also has appeared at the Smithsonian. Jacobs, repped by CAA and Management 360, has been with Fox’s House since it began in also is developing Sheila Weller’s novel Girls Like Us: Carole King, Joni Mitchell, Carly Simon — And the Journey of a Generation at Sony with Lorenzo DiBonaventura producing. John Sayles is adapting the book for Jacobs to direct.
Katie Jacobs To Direct Photographer's Memoir 'Double Take' With Groundswell Productions
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale & Aftershow: "A.D." Mystery Solved; Cast Would Say Yes To Reunion - Update
Latest Film News
- SAG-AFTRA Briefs Agents On Contract Talks Amid Strike Threat
- Terry Zwigoff Signs With ICM Partners
- Shaun Grant To Adapt ‘Penguin Bloom’; Naomi Watts To Star
- Saban Films Ups Execs Jonathan Saba & Ness Saban
- Focus Buys Political Drama Pitch From ‘Novitiate’ Helmer Maggie Betts
- Bart & Fleming: As Daniel Day-Lewis Exits, Who Wears Greatest Living Actor Crown?