EXCLUSIVE: House executive producer Katie Jacobs is teaming with Groundswell Productions to adapt Kevin Michael Connolly’s memoir Double Take into a feature film. Jacobs plans to direct the movie, which is now out to writers. Michael London’s Groundswell is financing development. Connolly is a photographer, X-Games ski champion and skateboarder who was born without legs. While traveling in Europe in his early 20s, he began taking photos of people who were staring at him — turning the watchers into the watched. The photos became a traveling exhibit that also has appeared at the Smithsonian. Jacobs, repped by CAA and Management 360, has been with Fox’s House since it began in also is developing Sheila Weller’s novel Girls Like Us: Carole King, Joni Mitchell, Carly Simon — And the Journey of a Generation at Sony with Lorenzo DiBonaventura producing. John Sayles is adapting the book for Jacobs to direct.
Katie Jacobs To Direct Photographer's Memoir 'Double Take' With Groundswell Productions
What's Hot on Deadline
'Thursday Night Football' Ratings Down From Thanksgiving 2016, Macy's Parade Steady, 'Young Sheldon' Up
Pete Hammond's Notes On The Season: 'Wonder' Makes Awards Play; 'Dunkirk' Storms The Q&A Circuit; Netflix Sends A Pig To Voters
Uma Thurman To Harvey Weinstein: "I'm Glad It's Going Slowly, You Don't Deserve A Bullet... Stay Tuned"
Latest Film News
- ‘Coco’ Cooking $71M+; ‘Justice League’ At $59M+; ‘Wonder’ Wows At $31M+: Black…
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: ‘Wonder’ Makes Awards Play; ‘Dunkirk’ Storms The Q&A Circuit; Netflix Sends A Pig…
- Kumail Nanjiani On How A Pitch To Judd Apatow About A Ghost Witch Movie Begat ‘The Big Sick’ – The…
- Exhibition Stocks Rise In Short Trading Session On Holiday Box Office Optimism
- ‘Arthur Miller: Writer’ Helmer Rebecca Miller Discusses Her Doc Portrait Of Father Arthur Miller
- Denis Villeneuve On His Love Of Sci-Fi, Working With Ridley Scott On ‘Blade Runner 2049’ & Revisiting ‘Dune’ – Behind…