EXCLUSIVE: House executive producer Katie Jacobs is teaming with Groundswell Productions to adapt Kevin Michael Connolly’s memoir Double Take into a feature film. Jacobs plans to direct the movie, which is now out to writers. Michael London’s Groundswell is financing development. Connolly is a photographer, X-Games ski champion and skateboarder who was born without legs. While traveling in Europe in his early 20s, he began taking photos of people who were staring at him — turning the watchers into the watched. The photos became a traveling exhibit that also has appeared at the Smithsonian. Jacobs, repped by CAA and Management 360, has been with Fox’s House since it began in also is developing Sheila Weller’s novel Girls Like Us: Carole King, Joni Mitchell, Carly Simon — And the Journey of a Generation at Sony with Lorenzo DiBonaventura producing. John Sayles is adapting the book for Jacobs to direct.
Katie Jacobs To Direct Photographer's Memoir 'Double Take' With Groundswell Productions
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Netflix Nabs Judd Apatow Comedy Series With 2-Season Order; Paul Rust & Gillian Jacobs To Star, Legendary TV To Produce
More From Team
- Ben Kingsley, Brie Larson Head For 'Brooklyn Bridge'; Revolver Takes 'Bhopal' Disaster Drama
- Shawn Ryan Among Winners In WGA West Board Of Directors Election
- Fox Writers Intensive Accepting Nominations
- GSN Orders 'Baggage' Spinoff; Jerry Springer To Return As Host
- Mark Feuerstein Joins Showtime's 'Nurse Jackie'; Nick Clifford In VH1's 'Hindsight'
- Rosie's Return Snares Big Ratings For 'The View'