EXCLUSIVE: House executive producer Katie Jacobs is teaming with Groundswell Productions to adapt Kevin Michael Connolly’s memoir Double Take into a feature film. Jacobs plans to direct the movie, which is now out to writers. Michael London’s Groundswell is financing development. Connolly is a photographer, X-Games ski champion and skateboarder who was born without legs. While traveling in Europe in his early 20s, he began taking photos of people who were staring at him — turning the watchers into the watched. The photos became a traveling exhibit that also has appeared at the Smithsonian. Jacobs, repped by CAA and Management 360, has been with Fox’s House since it began in also is developing Sheila Weller’s novel Girls Like Us: Carole King, Joni Mitchell, Carly Simon — And the Journey of a Generation at Sony with Lorenzo DiBonaventura producing. John Sayles is adapting the book for Jacobs to direct.
Katie Jacobs To Direct Photographer's Memoir 'Double Take' With Groundswell Productions
What's Hot on Deadline
Family-Branded Films On Fire: 'Beauty And The Beast' Headed To $90M+; 'Power Rangers' Mighty With $40M+
'Westworld' Team On The Series' Super-Engaged Fan Base, Music Hints & Being Part Of The Solution - PaleyFest
'Beauty And The Beast' Nears $700M WW; 'Kong' Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- ‘Beauty And The Beast’ Nears $700M WW; ‘Kong’ Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore – International…
- Family-Branded Films On Fire: ‘Beauty And The Beast’ Headed To $90M+; ‘Power Rangers’ Mighty…
- Jazz Doc 'I Called Him Morgan' Hits Solid Note; 'Wilson' Walks Slow – Specialty B.O.
- ‘Sing’ Gives Voice To $600M At Worldwide Box Office
- Dan Aykroyd, Griffin Dunne Remember Carrie & Debbie, “Beloved Showboats”
- Watch Public Memorial For Debbie Reynolds & Carrie Fisher Livestreamed Here – Update