Juliette Lewis has signed on to star in NBC’s midseason series The Firm, which stars Josh Lucas in the legal drama based on the film adaptation of the John Grisham novel that had Tom Cruise in the lead role of young lawyer Mitch McDeere. Lewis will play Tammy, the sassy secretary to Lucas’ McDeere that was played by Holly Hunter in the movie (she was nominated for a Best Supporting Actress Oscar for that role). The casting follows the news that Callum Keith Rennie has joined the series playing Mitch’s brother Ray, who does investigative work for Mitch. The series picks up 10 years after McDeere brought down the prestigious law firm that operated as a front for the Chicago mob. After a difficult decade, he and his family emerge from isolation to reclaim their lives and their future — only to find that past dangers are still lurking and new threats are everywhere. The Firm is produced by Entertainment One in association with Sony Pictures Television Networks and Paramount Pictures. The executive producers are Grisham, Lukas Reiter, John Morayniss, Michael Rosenberg and Noreen Halpern. David Straiton will direct the pilot, which begins production in August in Toronto.
Juliette Lewis Joins NBC's 'The Firm'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Don't Breathe' Screams $26M+, Gives Sony 3rd Summer Cash Cow After 'Sausage Party', 'Shallows': Sunday Update
'Bourne' Back At #1; 'Ice Age' Skates Across $300M Offshore; 'Pets' Prances Past $700M WW - Intl Box Office
Cars Damaged During 'Leisure Seeker' Shoot In Atlanta: Production Says It Will Pay Deductibles -- Update
Latest TV News
- Harry Fujiwara Dies: WWE’s Mr. Fuji Was 82
- Charles Osgood Announces Retirement: Mellow-Voiced Anchor of ‘CBS Sunday Morning’ Ends 22-Year Run September 25
- Ann Coulter Skewers Hillary Clinton At Comedy Central’s Roast Of Rob Lowe
- 49ers QB Colin Kaepernick Refuses To Stand For National Anthem: “There Are Bodies In The Street”
- Don Cheadle To Trump After Dwyane Wade Comment: “You Truly Are A POS”
- Telemundo Responds To SAG-AFTRA’s Accusation Of Censorship For Not Airing Ad Critical Of NBCUniversal