Jason Ritter has signed a development deal with Universal Media Studios to star in a new hourlong drama series from Parenthood and Friday Night Lights exec producer Jason Katims. Our sister site TVLine broke the news today. That means Ritter will stick around at NBC, where his drama The Event aired for one season, and also stick with Katims, who cast him as Lauren Graham’s love interest last season on Parenthood. Ritter, repped by ICM and manager Joannie Burstein, will reprise that role this season on multiple episodes. What remains unclear is the fate of Ritter’s former series The Event, which we reported last month was trying to find a way to land on its feet at sister network Syfy. Talks about the financial feasibility of moving a network show to cable did take place, but it’s been quiet on that front for a while.
Jason Ritter Inks Development Deal With UMS, Will Star In New Jason Katims Drama
What's Hot on Deadline
Keaton Jones Facebook Video Gone After Mom's Confederate Flag Photos Surface: Is Hollywood Still "KeatonStrong"?
Skirball Fire: Officials Determine Cause Of Bel-Air Blaze; Thomas Fire Still Unchecked; Apple Donates $1M - Update
Latest TV News
- Screen Actors Guild Awards Nominations: How To Watch Via TV, Online
- Alabama Votes Dem Doug Jones To U.S. Senate In Stunning Upset
- Netflix Fires Executive For “Careless” Remarks On Danny Masterson Allegations
- Fox Developing Soap From ‘No Good Deed’ Writer & Chernin Entertainment
- ‘Lady In The Mask’ Psychological Thriller Drama From Amblin TV Set At the CW
- Shelter PR Launches Film & TV Division With Hire Of Former Paramount Exec