ION Television has inked a package deal with NBCUniversal Domestic TV Distribution for off-network rights to Universal Cable Prods.’ USA series Psych and Monk and Universal Media Studios’ Fox medical drama House. ION has picked up all six produced as well as future seasons of the detective dramedy Psych, marking the first time the series has been syndicated on a broadcast network, as well as all 8 seasons of Monk. Starting in fall 2012, ION will air House 2 times per week for one year, meaning that if the series continues on Fox (which is uncertain as star Hugh Laurie’s contract is up at the end of this season), the medical drama will air on 2 broadcast networks simultaneously. (Reruns of House air nightly on USA.) ION’s other acquired series include Criminal Minds, Ghost Whisperer, Without a Trace, My Name Is Earl and Flashpoint.
ION Acquires 'Psych', 'Monk' & 'House'
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill Maher Under Gun Over Late-'90s Video Condoning Sex Between 33-Year-Old Teacher And 12-Year-Old Student
'Nashville' Creator Callie Khouri On Tragic Twist, Its Inevitability & Aftermath And Why Fans Should Keep Watching
Latest TV News
- ‘MacGyver’ Rebounds In Demo Ratings, ‘Shark Tank’ & ‘Hawaii Five-0’ Top Night
- ‘Doctor Who’ Trailer Teases Return Of “Most Dangerous Man In The Universe”
- ‘Real Time’: Bill Maher Slams ‘Bait’-Taking Liberals & Huggy, Panda-Loving TV Journalists
- UTA Rally: “This Is Our Time To Resist,” Jodie Foster Tells Crowd; Asghar Farhadi Speaks Via Video – Watch
- Lenny Platt Joins CBS Pilot ‘Perfect Citizen’; Demetrius Grosse Cast In NBC’s ‘For God And Country’
- ‘Sun Records’ Off To Strong Ratings Start On CMT