ION Television has inked a package deal with NBCUniversal Domestic TV Distribution for off-network rights to Universal Cable Prods.’ USA series Psych and Monk and Universal Media Studios’ Fox medical drama House. ION has picked up all six produced as well as future seasons of the detective dramedy Psych, marking the first time the series has been syndicated on a broadcast network, as well as all 8 seasons of Monk. Starting in fall 2012, ION will air House 2 times per week for one year, meaning that if the series continues on Fox (which is uncertain as star Hugh Laurie’s contract is up at the end of this season), the medical drama will air on 2 broadcast networks simultaneously. (Reruns of House air nightly on USA.) ION’s other acquired series include Criminal Minds, Ghost Whisperer, Without a Trace, My Name Is Earl and Flashpoint.
ION Acquires 'Psych', 'Monk' & 'House'
What's Hot on Deadline
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'Jack Reacher' Cuffs $31M But 'Mechanic' Puts Wrench Into China Perf; 'Girl', 'Inferno', 'Peregrine' Advance - Intl Box Office
Latest TV News
- ABC Nabs Family Comedy Starring Rev Run & Justine Simmons With Big Commitment
- ‘Penn & Teller: Fool Us’, ‘Whose Line Is It Anyway?’ & ‘Masters Of Illusion’ Renewed For Summer On…
- Viacom Labs Sets First Livestream-To-TV Series For 2017
- ‘Weaveworld’: Josh Stolberg To Write New CW Adaptation Of Clive Barker’s Book
- Thomas Haden Church Signs With CAA
- ‘Being Mary Jane’ Adds Valarie Pettiford, Ashton Holmes & Chiké Okonkwo