ION Television has inked a package deal with NBCUniversal Domestic TV Distribution for off-network rights to Universal Cable Prods.’ USA series Psych and Monk and Universal Media Studios’ Fox medical drama House. ION has picked up all six produced as well as future seasons of the detective dramedy Psych, marking the first time the series has been syndicated on a broadcast network, as well as all 8 seasons of Monk. Starting in fall 2012, ION will air House 2 times per week for one year, meaning that if the series continues on Fox (which is uncertain as star Hugh Laurie’s contract is up at the end of this season), the medical drama will air on 2 broadcast networks simultaneously. (Reruns of House air nightly on USA.) ION’s other acquired series include Criminal Minds, Ghost Whisperer, Without a Trace, My Name Is Earl and Flashpoint.
ION Acquires 'Psych', 'Monk' & 'House'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fate Of The Furious' Fires Up $745M Offshore, $908M WW; Tops 'Transformers' In China - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- Eliza Dushku To Star In ‘The Black Company’ Series Adaptation In Works By IM Global & David Goyer
- ‘Little Big Shots’ Ratings Down But Top Sunday, NBA Playoffs Rise Big Over 2016
- John Oliver Takes On Ivanka Trump & Jared Kushner On ‘Last Week Tonight’
- Fox Ramps Up Off-Cycle Development, Eyes Multiple Pilot Orders This Summer
- Coroner: ‘Happy Days’ Star Erin Moran Died Of Cancer – Update
- Disney Says Affiliate Deal Will Enable ABC Streams To Reach 90% Of Households