ION Television has inked a package deal with NBCUniversal Domestic TV Distribution for off-network rights to Universal Cable Prods.’ USA series Psych and Monk and Universal Media Studios’ Fox medical drama House. ION has picked up all six produced as well as future seasons of the detective dramedy Psych, marking the first time the series has been syndicated on a broadcast network, as well as all 8 seasons of Monk. Starting in fall 2012, ION will air House 2 times per week for one year, meaning that if the series continues on Fox (which is uncertain as star Hugh Laurie’s contract is up at the end of this season), the medical drama will air on 2 broadcast networks simultaneously. (Reruns of House air nightly on USA.) ION’s other acquired series include Criminal Minds, Ghost Whisperer, Without a Trace, My Name Is Earl and Flashpoint.
ION Acquires 'Psych', 'Monk' & 'House'
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Boys': Antony Starr, Chace Crawford, Dominique McElligott & Jessie Usher Cast In Amazon’s Superhero Drama Series
Bart & Fleming: What Leo Plays In Tarantino Film; Why Gender Argument On Wahlberg/Williams Was Wrong
Latest TV News
- Dylan Farrow Calls Actors In Woody Allen Movies “Complicit” In “Culture Of Silence”
- Andie MacDowell Joins BBC Three Comedy ‘Cuckoo’
- Hulu’s ‘The Looming Tower’ & AMC’s ‘The Terror’ Lead Berlin TV Lineup
- Carey Mulligan Hits Out At Lack Of “Fully Rounded” Film Roles For Women
- ‘Drug Lords’ Producer Informs On Netflix Doc Series Including Cartel Squabbles
- Peter Wyngarde Dies; Canal+ Boards My Brilliant Friend; BBC Backs Romper Stomper Remake – Global Briefs