EXCLUSIVE: Rachel Berry’s mom is back. Tony Award winner Idina Menzel is in final negotiations to return to Fox’s musical dramedy Glee in the upcoming third season for a major arc that could span as many as 10-12 episodes. In what is described the only significant cast addition on the show next season, Menzel will reprise her role as Rachel Berry’s (Lea Michele) biological mother Shelby Corcoran, which she originated in 5 episodes of Glee‘s first season. Back then, Shelby was the coach of New Directions’ rival glee club Vocal Adrenaline. She tried to bond with Rachel after Rachel found out that she was her mother but ultimately left town after adopting Quinn and Puck’s baby girl. Next season will see Shelby returning from New York to Ohio to join William McKinley High School as a new teacher and complicating things for Rachel as well as former flame Will Schuester (Matthew Morrison). “I’m really excited the that Idina is joining the family again,” said Glee co-creator Ryan Murphy. “We missed her last year and we’re happy that she is coming back.”
Idina Menzel To Return To 'Glee' Next Season For Big Arc
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
'The Interview' Release Would Have Damaged Kim Jong Un Internally, Says Rand Expert Who Saw Movie At Sony's Request
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate