EXCLUSIVE: Holt McCallany, who starred in FX’s now-canceled but critically acclaimed boxing drama Lights Out this past season, has landed a role as the bodyguard and main enforcer to Mickey Cohen (Sean Penn) in Warner Bros’ Gangster Squad. He joins Penn, Ryan Gosling, Josh Brolin, Anthony Mackie, Michael Pena and Giovanni Ribisi in the Ruben Fleischer’s crime drama set in 1949 Los Angeles. Will Beall wrote the script, about an elite police squad that tracks down bad guys like Cohen. McCallany recently wrapped the indie film White Space and is now shooting Walter Hill’s Headshot opposite Sylvester Stallone for Joel Silver and Warner Bros. He is repped by APA and Mosaic.
Holt McCallany Joins 'Gangster Squad'
What's Hot on Deadline
Roman Polanski On Netflix Impact On Moviegoing: "I Don't Think It's A Basic Threat For Cinema" - Cannes
'This Is Us' Casting Director Discusses Reason Why New York Talents Are Being Discovered Later In Their Careers
Latest Film News
- Why ‘Pirates’ & ‘Baywatch’ Are Trudging Through Sand At The Domestic B.O. — Sat. AM Update
- ‘The Fate Of The Furious’ Expected To Cross $1B Tomorrow At Int’l Box Office
- TWC Schedules ‘Paddington 2’ For Wide Release
- Paramount Nudges ‘Sherlock Gnomes’ To Later Release Date
- Which Festival Debuts In The South Of France Might Travel All The Way To Oscar? — Cannes
- Emma Booth Cast In Universal’s ‘Extinction’; Andy Buckley Horror Indie ‘All Light Will End’