Some movie people will do anything for publicity even if they instigate an angry mob, create an unsafe situation, and need the LAPD to disperse crowds. According to our pals at KTLA.com, fans were invited via Twitter to a 6 PM music block party thrown by DJ Kaskade outside the same Hollywood location as the Mann’s Chinese Theater premiere of an indie documetary about the Electric Daisy Carnival Experience about the music festival by the same name which is attended by tens of thousands of people. But too many people showed up tonight and were turned away by security. So police were called to break up the mob consisting of hundreds of people who began fighting and throwing bottles. Some jumped on police cars, and officers responded by shooting them with bean bags. The crowd also set fire to an LAPD cruiser. Kaskade took to Twitter amid the chaos, saying that the party was over and urging people to calm down. Insomniac Inc, the organizers of the movie screening, issued a statement saying they were “disappointed that a small group of people would try to mar a private documentary screening”.
Hollywood Film Premiere Turns Mob Scene
What's Hot on Deadline
'Latin Lover' Gets More Love Thursday Night Than Emma Watson-Tom Hanks Thriller 'The Circle' - Box Office
M Night Shyamalan Unveils 'Glass': 'Unbreakable' & 'Split' Sequel To Star Bruce Willis, Samuel L Jackson, James McAvoy
Bravo Unveils Unscripted Slate With 6 New & 18 Returning Series; More 'Real Housewives' & 'Vanderpump Rules'
Latest Film News
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol 2’ Rockets To $22.3M Through Thursday – International Box Office
- How ‘Real Rocky’ Chuck Wepner Survived Ring Beatings And 14 Year Biopic Ordeal
- ‘A Star Is Born’ Adds Rafi Gavron & Michael Harney
- Mister Smith Boards Dionne Warwick Doc ‘Don’t Make Me Over’ — Cannes
- Director Jim Sheridan’s Next: ‘H-Block’ Coming Together With Cillian Murphy, Jamie Dornan, Pierce Brosnan
- Rami Malek On The Run In 'Buster's Mal Heart'; Noomi Rapace Kidnapped In 'Rupture' – Specialty B.O. Preview