True to his neurotic and highly insecure character on the show, Curb Your Enthusiasm creator/star Larry David has been largely puzzled by the ratings resurgence of his HBO series this season, which has been posting seven-year highs for its first three weeks on the air. His response to the weekly congratulatory emails from HBO brass has been: “What does it mean? Is it the lead-in? Is it the show?” It is probably a mix of both, but the long hiatus between Seasons 7 and 8 seems to have helped the show, which is getting some of its best reviews, while whetting viewers’ appetite, which has translated to strong ratings. Now HBO hopes to do it again, but the decision as always is entirely David’s. He is expected to address the future of Curb when he returns from vacation at the end of the summer. “We’re cautiously optimistic,” HBO’s president of programming Michael Lombardo told me today of the prospects of a ninth season of Curb. There has been an encouraging sign. “For the first time ever after this season, Larry didn’t say ‘I never want to do this again,’ ” Lombardo said. That is a promising start.
HBO Brass 'Cautiously Optimistic' About Ninth Season Of 'Curb Your Enthusiasm'
What's Hot on Deadline
No Obama Bounce For DNC Day 3 Ratings As They Fall Behind RNC, 'Wayward Pines' Finale Down From 2015
Venice Film Festival: Lido To Launch Pics From Ford, Gibson, Malick & More As Awards Season Starts To Buzz - Full List
Bill O'Reilly Defends Comments That Slaves Who Built The White House Were "Well-Fed And Had Decent Lodging" - Update
Latest TV News
- Watch Tonight's Hillary Clinton DNC Video By ‘Scandal’ EPs
- PBS’ ‘The Talk’ Panel: The Issue Of Police Violence Front And Center – TCA
- Corporate Lawyers: Best Friend To Stephen Colbert Fans?
- ‘Command And Control’ Trailer: Inside One Of The Cold War’s Tensest Moments – TCA
- ‘Scandal’ POTUS Tony Goldwyn Gives American History Lesson In DNC Video
- ‘Victoria’ Producers & Cast Talk Story, Long-Term Potential & Filling That ‘Downton Abbey’ Slot…