HBO has inked a deal for North American TV rights to Martin Scorsese’s documentary George Harrison: Living in the Material World, which will debut on the network in two parts on Oct. 5 and Oct. 6. The doc explores the musical and spiritual life of the ex-Beatle and cultural icon, mostly in Harrison’s own words. It’s the latest musical documentary from Scorsese, who also recently made No Direction Home: Bob Dylan and the Rolling Stones doc Shine a Light. His latest feature film, the 3D Hugo Cabret, is due out Nov. 23 from Paramount.
HBO Acquires Martin Scorsese Doc 'George Harrison: Living In The Material World'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Donald Trump Threatens CNN With $5M Tab To Goose Debate Ratings
- Linda Ellerbee To Retire From Television
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Ratings Steady With Record-Breaking 2014 Midseason Finale
- Annie Awards Noms: ‘Inside Out’, ‘Anomalisa’, ‘Shaun The Sheep’, ‘Good Dinosaur’ & ‘Peanuts ‘ Up For…
- 'Rambo: New Blood' Father-Son TV Series In Works At Fox With Sylvester Stallone
- Amazon Confirms David E. Kelley Drama Series ‘Trial’ Starring Billy Bob Thornton