HBO has inked a deal for North American TV rights to Martin Scorsese’s documentary George Harrison: Living in the Material World, which will debut on the network in two parts on Oct. 5 and Oct. 6. The doc explores the musical and spiritual life of the ex-Beatle and cultural icon, mostly in Harrison’s own words. It’s the latest musical documentary from Scorsese, who also recently made No Direction Home: Bob Dylan and the Rolling Stones doc Shine a Light. His latest feature film, the 3D Hugo Cabret, is due out Nov. 23 from Paramount.
HBO Acquires Martin Scorsese Doc 'George Harrison: Living In The Material World'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- BBC TV Chief Danny Cohen To Exit; Pursuing New Leadership Challenge
- Big Names Perform Unproduced Scripts By Welles, Hitchcock & Others On BBC Radio – Global Briefs
- Snapchat To Shut Down Snap Channel, Laying Off Team, Changing Content Plans
- Men Have Most Fun Discussing ‘The Affair’ — New York PaleyFest
- Felicity Huffman To Produce & Possibly Star In ABC Fashion Biz Comedic Drama
- Donald Trump Wins Stephen Colbert’s Third Week As ‘Late Show’ Host In L+7