HBO has inked a deal for North American TV rights to Martin Scorsese’s documentary George Harrison: Living in the Material World, which will debut on the network in two parts on Oct. 5 and Oct. 6. The doc explores the musical and spiritual life of the ex-Beatle and cultural icon, mostly in Harrison’s own words. It’s the latest musical documentary from Scorsese, who also recently made No Direction Home: Bob Dylan and the Rolling Stones doc Shine a Light. His latest feature film, the 3D Hugo Cabret, is due out Nov. 23 from Paramount.
HBO Acquires Martin Scorsese Doc 'George Harrison: Living In The Material World'
What's Hot on Deadline
Samantha Geimer, Victim In Roman Polanski Sex Case, Strongly Defends Him Inside And Outside Of Court
'Justice League' Lassos $185M Overseas, $279M WW; 'Thor' Rocks To $739M Global - International Box Office
TV & Film Casting Biz Disrupted: Fox's Decision To Drop Breakdown Services For Casting Networks & Its Fallout
'The Indian Detective' Trailer: First Look & Premiere Date For Netflix's Canadian Series Starring Russell Peters
Latest TV News
- Gayle King, Norah O'Donnell Kick Off ‘CBS This Morning’ With Frank Talk About Charlie Rose
- ‘The Raid’s Gareth Evans Creates Gangland Drama For HBO’s Cinemax & Sky
- CBS & Its Stations Go Dark On Dish Network As Deal Deadline Passes
- Stephen Colbert And Elizabeth Warren Talk Trump: “There Are Dog Years, Now There Are Trump Years”
- Bellum Entertainment Hit With Identical Lawsuits
- CBS, PBS & Bloomberg Suspend Charlie Rose In Wake of Sexual Harassment Allegations