HBO has inked a deal for North American TV rights to Martin Scorsese’s documentary George Harrison: Living in the Material World, which will debut on the network in two parts on Oct. 5 and Oct. 6. The doc explores the musical and spiritual life of the ex-Beatle and cultural icon, mostly in Harrison’s own words. It’s the latest musical documentary from Scorsese, who also recently made No Direction Home: Bob Dylan and the Rolling Stones doc Shine a Light. His latest feature film, the 3D Hugo Cabret, is due out Nov. 23 from Paramount.
HBO Acquires Martin Scorsese Doc 'George Harrison: Living In The Material World'
What's Hot on Deadline
Matt Groening Netflix Animated Comedy A Go With 20-Episode Order, Abbi Jacobson, Nat Faxon & Eric Andre Lead Voice Cast
David Letterman Talks The Changing Late-Night Landscape, His Talk Show Return On 'Norm Macdonald Live'
Latest TV News
- Hollywood Reacts Strongly To Trump Transgender Military Ban
- Should Viacom Buy Scripps Networks? Wall Streeters Are Skeptical
- ‘Carpool Karaoke’: Usher Teaches Dance Moves To James Corden, Cleans Up Hollywood Star
- Trump Tweets Transgender People Will Be Banned From Serving In U.S. Military
- Imagine Announces $100M TV Production Venture With China’s TVB
- ITV Earnings Down In First Half Amid UK Advertising Slump