HBO has inked a deal for North American TV rights to Martin Scorsese’s documentary George Harrison: Living in the Material World, which will debut on the network in two parts on Oct. 5 and Oct. 6. The doc explores the musical and spiritual life of the ex-Beatle and cultural icon, mostly in Harrison’s own words. It’s the latest musical documentary from Scorsese, who also recently made No Direction Home: Bob Dylan and the Rolling Stones doc Shine a Light. His latest feature film, the 3D Hugo Cabret, is due out Nov. 23 from Paramount.
HBO Acquires Martin Scorsese Doc 'George Harrison: Living In The Material World'
What's Hot on Deadline
Netflix Lands 'Outlaw King'; David Mackenzie Directs Chris Pine As Robert The Bruce In Scottish Epic
'Fate Of The Furious' Fires Up $745M Offshore, $908M WW; Tops 'Transformers' In China - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- Sony Pictures Television Networks Ups Maurizio Vitale To EVP Role
- Scott Baio Responds To Criticism Over Comments On Erin Moran’s Death
- Gretchen Carlson To Publish ‘Be Fierce’, Book About Workplace Sexual Harassment
- DIGA Options Amy Plum’s ‘Dreamfall’ Dark Thriller Novel To Develop As TV Series
- Netflix’s Reed Hastings Made $23.2M In 2016, Up 39.5%
- Steve Harvey’s New Talker Hires Shane Farley As EP; Sets Premiere Date