HBO has inked a deal for North American TV rights to Martin Scorsese’s documentary George Harrison: Living in the Material World, which will debut on the network in two parts on Oct. 5 and Oct. 6. The doc explores the musical and spiritual life of the ex-Beatle and cultural icon, mostly in Harrison’s own words. It’s the latest musical documentary from Scorsese, who also recently made No Direction Home: Bob Dylan and the Rolling Stones doc Shine a Light. His latest feature film, the 3D Hugo Cabret, is due out Nov. 23 from Paramount.
HBO Acquires Martin Scorsese Doc 'George Harrison: Living In The Material World'
Trending Now on Deadline
NBC Cameraman Declared Ebola-Free; Tries To Rescue Nancy Snyderman From Self-Inflicted Career Disaster -- UPDATE
More From Team
- Bunim/Murray Opens NYC Office, 'Project Runway' Producer Bagshaw To Head Ops
- 'Hedwig' Producer David Binder Attaches To London Stage Fest
- Ben Bradlee Dead At 93, Washington Post Editor During Watergate Era — Update
- 'American Dad!' Moves to TBS; 2.5 Million Follow
- 'Law & Order: SVU' Tackles Sports And Domestic Violence
- 'Z Nation' Renewed For Second Season On Syfy