HBO has inked a deal for North American TV rights to Martin Scorsese’s documentary George Harrison: Living in the Material World, which will debut on the network in two parts on Oct. 5 and Oct. 6. The doc explores the musical and spiritual life of the ex-Beatle and cultural icon, mostly in Harrison’s own words. It’s the latest musical documentary from Scorsese, who also recently made No Direction Home: Bob Dylan and the Rolling Stones doc Shine a Light. His latest feature film, the 3D Hugo Cabret, is due out Nov. 23 from Paramount.
HBO Acquires Martin Scorsese Doc 'George Harrison: Living In The Material World'
Trending Now on Deadline
Obama's Speech: NBC's New York Station Thumbs Nose At Network And Carries POTUS; Other Stations Follow Suit
More From Team
- Cosby Lawyer: “Media-Driven Feeding Frenzy” Is “Utter Nonsense”
- Stacy London Returning To TLC For New Makeover Series
- Arnold Kleiner Retiring As KABC-TV President; Veteran Of Local TV & Radio News
- 'Pitch Perfect 2′ Trailer: Anna Kendrick & The Barden Bellas Are Back
- HRTS Adds 5 To Its Board Of Directors
- 'Better Call Saul' Gets Two-Night Premiere In February, New Teaser — Video