HBO has inked a deal for North American TV rights to Martin Scorsese’s documentary George Harrison: Living in the Material World, which will debut on the network in two parts on Oct. 5 and Oct. 6. The doc explores the musical and spiritual life of the ex-Beatle and cultural icon, mostly in Harrison’s own words. It’s the latest musical documentary from Scorsese, who also recently made No Direction Home: Bob Dylan and the Rolling Stones doc Shine a Light. His latest feature film, the 3D Hugo Cabret, is due out Nov. 23 from Paramount.
HBO Acquires Martin Scorsese Doc 'George Harrison: Living In The Material World'
What's Hot on Deadline
Warner Bros Wins Visionary Viral Short 'Sundays' Auction; You Gotta See What $51,000 Can Look Like Onscreen
Latest TV News
- Trevor Noah’s Fast Track To Replace Jon Stewart On ‘The Daily Show’
- ‘Furious 7′ Stars Take Over ‘Kimmel’ Next Week; NBC Late-Nighters Slim On Guests From Universal Pic
- Ernie Hudson Cast In ‘Delores And Jermaine'; Corbin Bernsen In ‘Living On Video’, ‘Uncle Buck’ Adds…
- Lolita Davidovich & David Clennon Among Cast Additions To ‘Dr. Del’ Indie Pilot
- Tom Wheeler Inks 2-Script Deal At Sony Pictures Television In TV Return
- ‘Blunt Talk’ Teaser: Patrick Stewart Character’s Falklands War Account Questioned By Bill O’Reilly