HBO has inked a deal for North American TV rights to Martin Scorsese’s documentary George Harrison: Living in the Material World, which will debut on the network in two parts on Oct. 5 and Oct. 6. The doc explores the musical and spiritual life of the ex-Beatle and cultural icon, mostly in Harrison’s own words. It’s the latest musical documentary from Scorsese, who also recently made No Direction Home: Bob Dylan and the Rolling Stones doc Shine a Light. His latest feature film, the 3D Hugo Cabret, is due out Nov. 23 from Paramount.
HBO Acquires Martin Scorsese Doc 'George Harrison: Living In The Material World'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ABC Sets John Corey Cop Drama Based On Novels; Mace Neufeld & John Davis To EP
- ‘Star Trek: Discovery’: Bryan Fuller Steps Down As Showrunner
- Abrams Artists Taps Ashwant Venkatram As Digital Media Agent; R&C Hires Alisa Granz As EVP For Consumer Biz
- WME-IMG China Appoints NBA Exec Michael Ma As CEO
- ‘Pretty Little Liars’ Stars To Tell All In Finale Aftershow
- Howard Davies Dies: British Director Of ‘Les Liaisons Dangereuses’ Was 71