HBO has inked a deal for North American TV rights to Martin Scorsese’s documentary George Harrison: Living in the Material World, which will debut on the network in two parts on Oct. 5 and Oct. 6. The doc explores the musical and spiritual life of the ex-Beatle and cultural icon, mostly in Harrison’s own words. It’s the latest musical documentary from Scorsese, who also recently made No Direction Home: Bob Dylan and the Rolling Stones doc Shine a Light. His latest feature film, the 3D Hugo Cabret, is due out Nov. 23 from Paramount.
HBO Acquires Martin Scorsese Doc 'George Harrison: Living In The Material World'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Me And Earl And The Dying Girl' Takes Top Dramatic Honors At Sundance; Is It The Next 'Whiplash'? - Winners List
ADG Awards: 'Birdman', 'Grand Budapest Hotel', & 'Guardians' Take Top Film Prizes - 'Game Of Thrones', 'True Detective Among TV Winners
More From Team
- ADG Awards: ‘Birdman’, ‘Grand Budapest Hotel’, & ‘Guardians’ Take Top Film Prizes – ‘Game Of Thrones’, ‘True Detective Among…
- 42nd Annual Annie Awards – Live Stream
- Sundance Film Festival Awards – Live Stream
- HBO Nabs ‘3 1/2 Minutes’ Documentary From Participant Media — Sundance
- Fox’s Lines Up Super Bowl Ad For ‘Kingsman: The Secret Service’ – Video
- Sony Nabs Rights To Sci-Fi Comic Book Series ‘Descender’