HBO has inked a deal for North American TV rights to Martin Scorsese’s documentary George Harrison: Living in the Material World, which will debut on the network in two parts on Oct. 5 and Oct. 6. The doc explores the musical and spiritual life of the ex-Beatle and cultural icon, mostly in Harrison’s own words. It’s the latest musical documentary from Scorsese, who also recently made No Direction Home: Bob Dylan and the Rolling Stones doc Shine a Light. His latest feature film, the 3D Hugo Cabret, is due out Nov. 23 from Paramount.
HBO Acquires Martin Scorsese Doc 'George Harrison: Living In The Material World'
What's Hot on Deadline
X Japan Docu 'We Are X' Picked Up By Mongrel International; Simon West Attached To Helm 'War Wolf' - Cannes
Latest TV News
- Latenight TV Obsesses Over Donald Trump As GOP Nominee
- Idris Elba's Green Door Pictures Hires Ana Garanito As Head of Development
- Chip Smith, Former Al Gore Aide, Named EVP Public Affairs At 21st Century Fox
- ‘Carpool Karaoke’ Cops Clicks With Gwen Stefani, George Clooney & Julia Roberts
- AMC Networks CEO Looks “Fondly” At Skinny Bundles From Hulu And Others
- Discovery CEO Says Cost-Cut Initiative Not Tied To Ratings Woes