HBO has inked a deal for North American TV rights to Martin Scorsese’s documentary George Harrison: Living in the Material World, which will debut on the network in two parts on Oct. 5 and Oct. 6. The doc explores the musical and spiritual life of the ex-Beatle and cultural icon, mostly in Harrison’s own words. It’s the latest musical documentary from Scorsese, who also recently made No Direction Home: Bob Dylan and the Rolling Stones doc Shine a Light. His latest feature film, the 3D Hugo Cabret, is due out Nov. 23 from Paramount.
HBO Acquires Martin Scorsese Doc 'George Harrison: Living In The Material World'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Jason Bourne' On Way To $55M To $60M; 'Bad Moms' Reaching For $30M; 'Nerve' Could Find $15M - Friday Matinees
No Obama Bounce For DNC Day 3 Ratings As They Fall Behind RNC, 'Wayward Pines' Finale Down From 2015
Bill Maher On Hillary Clinton Nomination: "First, Lady Ghostbusters And Now This; America's On A Roll!"
Latest TV News
- ‘The Night Of’ – TCA
- The CW Developing ‘Blowback’ Thriller Drama From Justin Lin, Hannah Shakespeare, Michael Eisner & Intrigue
- ‘Conviction’: Daniel Franzese Joins New ABC Legal Drama Series In Recasting
- The Best And Not-Best From The Democratic & Republican Conventions – A Postmortem
- ‘The Apprentice’ Launched Donald Trump’s Presidential Bid, ‘Frontline’ Producer Says…
- Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg Pens Strong Endorsement Of Hillary Clinton