HBO has inked a deal for North American TV rights to Martin Scorsese’s documentary George Harrison: Living in the Material World, which will debut on the network in two parts on Oct. 5 and Oct. 6. The doc explores the musical and spiritual life of the ex-Beatle and cultural icon, mostly in Harrison’s own words. It’s the latest musical documentary from Scorsese, who also recently made No Direction Home: Bob Dylan and the Rolling Stones doc Shine a Light. His latest feature film, the 3D Hugo Cabret, is due out Nov. 23 from Paramount.
HBO Acquires Martin Scorsese Doc 'George Harrison: Living In The Material World'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pawn Stars' Regular Austin 'Chumlee' Russell Will Plead Guilty To Drug Charge, Avoid Jail Time - Update
Latest TV News
- Primary Wave Hires Two Managers & Digital Exec; Legacy Agency Founder Jordan Bazant Moves To WME
- Martin Lawrence Comedy Special Set At Showtime
- Writer Aaron Rahsaan Thomas Inks Overall Deal With Sony Pictures TV
- Robert Durst Movie In Works At Lifetime
- ‘Boston Strong’ Authors & Producer Set Up New Production Company; Corrupt Boy Band Manager TV Series On Way
- ‘Chicago Med’ Adds Mekia Cox As Recurring For Season 2