Liddell Entertainment and Roadside Attractions have acquired US rights to Albert Nobbs, which stars Glenn Close as a woman passing as a man in order to work and survive in 19th century Dublin. Rodrigo Garcia directed the drama, which also stars Mia Wasikowska, Aaron Johnson, Janet McTeer, Pauline Collins, Brenda Fricker, Jonathan Rhys Meyers and Brendan Gleeson. Close has a vested interest in this one: she played the character off-Broadway in the early 1980s, the script with Gabriella Prekop and John Banville marks her first screenplay credit (the story is by Istvan Szabo, adapted from the George Moore novella), and she’s a producer alongside Bonnie Curtis, Julie Lynn and Alan Moloney. The deal was announced by Mickey Liddell of Liddell Entertainment and Roadside co-presidents Howard Cohen and Eric d’Arbeloff; the companies, who partnered on the distribution of Biutiful last year, plan a fall release for Nobbs, which puts it in awards season. WestEnd is handling international sales.
Glenn Close-Starrer 'Albert Nobbs' Picked Up By Liddell Entertainment & Roadside Attractions
What's Hot on Deadline
Earth Will Feel The Power Of The Force Again: Disney's 'Rogue One' On Course For $280M-$350M Global Opening - Preview
'Moana' Pushes 'Office Christmas Party' Off Her Turf; 'La La Land' Hits High Notes - Early AM B.O. Update
'Spider-Man: Homecoming 2' Shoots Web Around Independence Day 2019; 'Bad Boys 4' Moves To Memorial Day
Donald Trump On Role In 'Celebrity Apprentice': "Zero Time" But "Big Stake"; Slams CNN As "Fake News"
Latest Film News
- Watch The ‘Rogue One’ World Premiere Livestream Here
- How ‘La La Land’ Director Damien Chazelle, His Team & Lionsgate Faced The Music & Resurrected The Original…
- ‘Toni Erdmann’ Sweeps European Film Awards; Makes History At Message-Heavy Ceremony – Full List
- Arrested ‘Silicon Valley’ Star T.J. Miller Keeps Critics’ Choice Hosting Gig
- ‘Moana’ Pushes ‘Office Christmas Party’ Off Her Turf; ‘La La Land’ Hits High Notes – Early AM…
- Boston Online Film Critics Name ‘Moonlight’ Best Film Of 2016