Liddell Entertainment and Roadside Attractions have acquired US rights to Albert Nobbs, which stars Glenn Close as a woman passing as a man in order to work and survive in 19th century Dublin. Rodrigo Garcia directed the drama, which also stars Mia Wasikowska, Aaron Johnson, Janet McTeer, Pauline Collins, Brenda Fricker, Jonathan Rhys Meyers and Brendan Gleeson. Close has a vested interest in this one: she played the character off-Broadway in the early 1980s, the script with Gabriella Prekop and John Banville marks her first screenplay credit (the story is by Istvan Szabo, adapted from the George Moore novella), and she’s a producer alongside Bonnie Curtis, Julie Lynn and Alan Moloney. The deal was announced by Mickey Liddell of Liddell Entertainment and Roadside co-presidents Howard Cohen and Eric d’Arbeloff; the companies, who partnered on the distribution of Biutiful last year, plan a fall release for Nobbs, which puts it in awards season. WestEnd is handling international sales.
Glenn Close-Starrer 'Albert Nobbs' Picked Up By Liddell Entertainment & Roadside Attractions
What's Hot on Deadline
FX Orders Ryan Murphy Anthology Series 'Feud', Jessica Lange & Susan Sarandon To Star In First Installment: Crawford v Davis
X Japan Docu 'We Are X' Picked Up By Mongrel International; Simon West Attached To Helm 'War Wolf' - Cannes
20th Century Fox Taps BOOM! Superhero Tale 'Irredeemable'; Adam McKay Helms, Tommy Wirkola Scripting
Latest Film News
- ‘Angry Birds’ Get Happy With Day-And-Date China Bow
- ‘Warcraft’ Sets China Release Two Days Ahead Of U.S.: A Burgeoning Trend?
- Steve Papazian, Trusted Warner Bros. Veteran, Moves Into Consulting Capacity
- Angela Davis Biopic By ‘Shameless’ Scribe LaToya Morgan Acquired By The Firm
- Javier Bardem & Penelope Cruz On Croisette For ‘Escobar’ – Cannes
- 20th Century Fox Taps BOOM! Superhero Tale ‘Irredeemable’; Adam McKay Helms, Tommy Wirkola Scripting