EXCLUSIVE: Imogen Poots has landed the female lead in Greetings From Tim Buckley, the film that stars Penn Badgley in the role of musician Jeff Buckley. The film was written by Dan Algrant, Emma Sheanshang and David Brendel, and Dan Algrant (Naked in New York) is directing. The film follows the true story of the days leading up to Jeff Buckley’s 1991 performance at a tribute concert for his father, who’d abandoned him. Poots plays a young woman who meets Jeff Buckley while working at the concert. They embark on a four-day journey that changes both their lives. Shooting begins next month. Poots recently starred in Cary Fukunaga’s Jane Eyre, and she’ll be at Comic-Con to promote the Craig Gillespie-directed remake Fright Night, which also stars Colin Farrell as the neighbor bloodsucker, and Anton Yelchin, Toni Collette, David Tennant and Christopher Mintz-Plasse. Poots is repped by CAA and Independent Talent.
'Fright Night's Imogen Poots Takes 'Greetings From Tim Buckley'
What's Hot on Deadline
Harvey Weinstein Talks 'Hateful Eight', Sony Hack, Gut Instincts & Socially Aware Oscar Campaigns At Tribeca
Latest Film News
- ‘Furious 7′ Adds Another $167.9M Weekend For $858M+ In Only 19 Days – International Box Office
- ‘Furious 7′ Leads Pack, ‘Mall Cop 2′ Bags $23M+, ‘Unfriended’ In Third With $16M
- ‘Tale Of Tales’ Trailer: Salma Hayek Dines On A Dragon Heart – Cannes
- Deadline Studio @ Tribeca Film Festival Day Three: Jason Sudeikis, Rebecca Hall, Dianna Agron And More
- Harvey Weinstein Talks ‘Hateful Eight’, Sony Hack, Gut Instincts & Socially Aware Oscar Campaigns At Tribeca
- ‘Married’s Kimiko Glenn Joins ‘Nerve'; Kino Lorber Acquires ‘Gueros’