EXCLUSIVE: Imogen Poots has landed the female lead in Greetings From Tim Buckley, the film that stars Penn Badgley in the role of musician Jeff Buckley. The film was written by Dan Algrant, Emma Sheanshang and David Brendel, and Dan Algrant (Naked in New York) is directing. The film follows the true story of the days leading up to Jeff Buckley’s 1991 performance at a tribute concert for his father, who’d abandoned him. Poots plays a young woman who meets Jeff Buckley while working at the concert. They embark on a four-day journey that changes both their lives. Shooting begins next month. Poots recently starred in Cary Fukunaga’s Jane Eyre, and she’ll be at Comic-Con to promote the Craig Gillespie-directed remake Fright Night, which also stars Colin Farrell as the neighbor bloodsucker, and Anton Yelchin, Toni Collette, David Tennant and Christopher Mintz-Plasse. Poots is repped by CAA and Independent Talent.
'Fright Night's Imogen Poots Takes 'Greetings From Tim Buckley'
What's Hot on Deadline
Pete Hammond's Notes On The Season: Eddie Redmayne Dines Out, Sly Stallone Trusts In Youth, And Leonardo Di Caprio Deserves The Medal Of Honor
Latest Film News
- Roman Polanski Will Not Be Extradited To The U.S. From Poland
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Facebook Clip: Snoke Signals, Han Shoots First
- Apichatpong Weerasethakul’s ‘Cemetery Of Splendour’ Wins At Asia Pacific Awards
- Paul Walker’s Father Sues Porsche For ‘Fast And Furious’ Actor’s Death
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Gets PG-13 Rating
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: Eddie Redmayne Dines Out, Sly Stallone Trusts In Youth, And Leonardo Di Caprio Deserves The…