EXCLUSIVE: Imogen Poots has landed the female lead in Greetings From Tim Buckley, the film that stars Penn Badgley in the role of musician Jeff Buckley. The film was written by Dan Algrant, Emma Sheanshang and David Brendel, and Dan Algrant (Naked in New York) is directing. The film follows the true story of the days leading up to Jeff Buckley’s 1991 performance at a tribute concert for his father, who’d abandoned him. Poots plays a young woman who meets Jeff Buckley while working at the concert. They embark on a four-day journey that changes both their lives. Shooting begins next month. Poots recently starred in Cary Fukunaga’s Jane Eyre, and she’ll be at Comic-Con to promote the Craig Gillespie-directed remake Fright Night, which also stars Colin Farrell as the neighbor bloodsucker, and Anton Yelchin, Toni Collette, David Tennant and Christopher Mintz-Plasse. Poots is repped by CAA and Independent Talent.
'Fright Night's Imogen Poots Takes 'Greetings From Tim Buckley'
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Jennifer Aniston May Be On The Fast Track To Oscar As Awards Groups Shower Her With Best Actress Nominations
More From Fleming Jr
- Ben Affleck, Others Stumping For Bradley Cooper's 'American Sniper' Performance
- Did Sony Or Exhibitors Kill 'The Interview?'
- Did We All Help North Korea Hackers Murder Free Speech This Week?
- Sony Pictures Acquires Robert Rodriguez & His Frank Frazetta Homage 'Fire And Ice'
- Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
- Anthony Mackie, Helmer Justin Simien 'Make A Wish' At Paramount