Friday Night Lights has already had a long journey from a book to a movie to a TV series. Now, our sister site TVLine reports that Peter Berg, who directed the 2004 film starring Billy Bob Thornton, brought it to TV and executive produced the series starring Kyle Chandler and Connie Britton for NBC and then DirecTV, is trying to put together a second movie with the principal cast of the series, which would pick up where the show left off. Here is more on the project, which would be produced by Universal Pictures, the studio behind the first movie, and Imagine, which co-produced both the movie and the TV series. Imagine’s principal Brian Grazer, who served as a producer on that film and as an exec producer on the series, would produce.
'Friday Night Lights' Return To Big Screen?
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- WGA West's Board Votes Tonight On Whether To Send Strike-Authorization Ballots To Members
- Paramount Sets Release Dates For ‘Suburbicon’, ‘Action Point’ & ‘A Quiet Place…
- Amber Heard Attached To Star In ‘The Kind Worth Killing’
- No. 9 ‘Fantastic Beasts’ Box Office Profits – 2016 Most Valuable Movie Blockbuster Tournament
- No. 10 ‘Suicide Squad’ Box Office Profits – 2016 Most Valuable Movie Blockbuster Tournament
- Lionsgate Teams With Roadside For Jake Gyllenhaal Boston Marathon Bombing Drama ‘Stronger’; September Bow Planned