Friday Night Lights has already had a long journey from a book to a movie to a TV series. Now, our sister site TVLine reports that Peter Berg, who directed the 2004 film starring Billy Bob Thornton, brought it to TV and executive produced the series starring Kyle Chandler and Connie Britton for NBC and then DirecTV, is trying to put together a second movie with the principal cast of the series, which would pick up where the show left off. Here is more on the project, which would be produced by Universal Pictures, the studio behind the first movie, and Imagine, which co-produced both the movie and the TV series. Imagine’s principal Brian Grazer, who served as a producer on that film and as an exec producer on the series, would produce.
'Friday Night Lights' Return To Big Screen?
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- CNN Among Several Turner Networks Dropped By Dish In Carriage Dispute
- Resolution Agent Jennifer Good Goes To Paradigm
- Leslie Jones Named 'Saturday Night Live' Cast Member
- Rainn Wilson To Produce Comedy Starring Vine Favorites, Including Curtis Lepore & Jerry Purpdrank
- Wanda Sykes Signs With UTA
- Literary Manager Stephen Marks Exits Evolution For Rain Management Group