Friday Night Lights has already had a long journey from a book to a movie to a TV series. Now, our sister site TVLine reports that Peter Berg, who directed the 2004 film starring Billy Bob Thornton, brought it to TV and executive produced the series starring Kyle Chandler and Connie Britton for NBC and then DirecTV, is trying to put together a second movie with the principal cast of the series, which would pick up where the show left off. Here is more on the project, which would be produced by Universal Pictures, the studio behind the first movie, and Imagine, which co-produced both the movie and the TV series. Imagine’s principal Brian Grazer, who served as a producer on that film and as an exec producer on the series, would produce.
'Friday Night Lights' Return To Big Screen?
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill O'Reilly Victim Of "Orchestrated Campaign" Fox News Says As He Responds To One Of New Reports – Update
More From Andreeva
- Will Kemp & Connie Nielsen To Co-Star In NBC Pilot ‘Unveiled’
- Danny Pudi Toplines NBC’s ‘Strange Calls’
- Joan Allen To Star In Jenna Bans ABC Pilot
- Chyler Leigh & David Harewood Cast In ‘Supergirl’ Pilot
- CBS Sets Summer Premiere Dates, Marg Helgenberger Joins ‘Under The Dome’
- Ray Liotta, Drea de Matteo, Others Cast In Jennifer Lopez NBC Drama ‘Shades Of Blue’