The Wall Street Journal is reporting that Borders Group will liquidate after it received no offers to save its bankrupt bookstore chain. This is a real blow to the brick and border set–Borders was the second largest book chain in the U.S.–and doesn’t bode well for a chain that employed 10,700, per the WSJ. Rather than selling to a white knight, Borders is now asking a bankruptcy judge approved a sale to a liquidator as Borders ends its book selling run in the fall.
Final Chapter For Borders Bookstores
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Stork Visit For Milla Jovovich Postpones 'Resident Evil 6′
- Indie Audax Outbids For David Weil Spec 'Moonfall'
- Lionsgate Buys Opera-Themed Comedy 'The Three Tenors'
- RADiUS To Release SXSW Winner 'The Great Invisible'
- Toronto Finds Bill Murray And Gives Him A Day