The Wall Street Journal is reporting that Borders Group will liquidate after it received no offers to save its bankrupt bookstore chain. This is a real blow to the brick and border set–Borders was the second largest book chain in the U.S.–and doesn’t bode well for a chain that employed 10,700, per the WSJ. Rather than selling to a white knight, Borders is now asking a bankruptcy judge approved a sale to a liquidator as Borders ends its book selling run in the fall.
Final Chapter For Borders Bookstores
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Venice Spotlight: Ami Canaan Mann On 'Jackie & Ryan'
- Not So Fast On 'Hey Ho, Let's Go'
- 'Sons Of Anarchy's Charlie Hunnam Is Guy Ritchie's Choice For King Arthur
- Dark Day For Civility In Trade Journalism
- Steve Carell Reunites With Julianne Moore In 'Freeheld'