The Wall Street Journal is reporting that Borders Group will liquidate after it received no offers to save its bankrupt bookstore chain. This is a real blow to the brick and border set–Borders was the second largest book chain in the U.S.–and doesn’t bode well for a chain that employed 10,700, per the WSJ. Rather than selling to a white knight, Borders is now asking a bankruptcy judge approved a sale to a liquidator as Borders ends its book selling run in the fall.
Final Chapter For Borders Bookstores
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- James Cameron On 'Avatar' Sequels: 'You Will Sh*t Yourself With Your Mouth Wide Open'
- Fox Green Light Starts 'Independence Day' Sequel Countdown
- Sony Hacker Paralysis Reaches Day Two – Update
- Leslie Zemeckis Sells Book On Burlesque Siren Lili St. Cyr
- Weinstein Collars Pharrell Williams, Gwen Stefani For 'Paddington' Tune