Starz Entertainment’s Encore is taking aim at original programming, unveiling today plans to air the novel adaptation Moby Dick that stars William Hurt, Ethan Hawke and Gillian Anderson as well as a Tom Hardy-starring mini The Take based on Martina Cole’s best-selling crime novel. Moby Dick is a three-hour mini that will air over two nights Aug. 1 and Aug. 2. Hurt will play Captain Ahab, Hawke is his first mate Starbuck and Anderson is Ahab’s wife; Donald Sutherland and Raoul Trujillo also star. RHI, Tele Munchen and Gate Filmproduktion produced. The four-part thriller The Take, from ITV Studios Global Entertainment, also stars Brian Cox, Kierston Wareing, Charlotte Riley and Shaun Evans. It will air sometime in the fall alongside another original effort, the documentary Method to the Madness of Jerry Lewis, which was previously announced.
Encore Dives Into Original Programming With Miniseries 'Moby Dick' And 'The Take'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Power Rangers', 'CHIPS' & A Deep-Space Alien Won't Take This 'Beauty And The Beast' Down - Weekend Box Office Preview
Latest TV News
- James Corden Pays Tribute To London Terrorist Attack Victims: “I Felt A Really Long Way From Home”
- James Corden On The Game He’d Like To Have President Donald Trump Play — PaleyFest
- Jimmy Kimmel Mulls Donald Trump’s Campaign Chairman's Ties To Russia
- ‘Empire’ Season 3B Teaser: Eva Longoria & Demi Moore Make Their Debut
- Berto Colon Joins ABC’s ‘The Trustee’ Pilot; Robert Baker In ‘Charlie Foxtrot’
- Disney Nailed As ‘Home Improvement’ Profit-Sharing Suit Revived By Court