Starz Entertainment’s Encore is taking aim at original programming, unveiling today plans to air the novel adaptation Moby Dick that stars William Hurt, Ethan Hawke and Gillian Anderson as well as a Tom Hardy-starring mini The Take based on Martina Cole’s best-selling crime novel. Moby Dick is a three-hour mini that will air over two nights Aug. 1 and Aug. 2. Hurt will play Captain Ahab, Hawke is his first mate Starbuck and Anderson is Ahab’s wife; Donald Sutherland and Raoul Trujillo also star. RHI, Tele Munchen and Gate Filmproduktion produced. The four-part thriller The Take, from ITV Studios Global Entertainment, also stars Brian Cox, Kierston Wareing, Charlotte Riley and Shaun Evans. It will air sometime in the fall alongside another original effort, the documentary Method to the Madness of Jerry Lewis, which was previously announced.
Encore Dives Into Original Programming With Miniseries 'Moby Dick' And 'The Take'
What's Hot on Deadline
Cecily Strong Struggles To Follow Obama And Anger Translator Luther At White House Correspondents Dinner
Latest TV News
- Peter Hoffman “Stunned” By Guilty Verdict In Louisiana Tax Fraud Trial – Updated
- Viola Davis To Star In Harriet Tubman HBO Movie From Kirk Ellis, Doug Ellin & Amblin
- Bruce Jenner Interview Hits 17.1M In Final ‘20/20’ Viewership Results – Update
- ‘Unauthorized Full House’ Movie In The Works At Lifetime
- Ellen Pompeo On Patrick Dempsey’s ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Exit — How Meredith Will Go On
- ‘Anthony Bourdain Parts Unknown’ Ratings Steady With 2014, ‘High Profits’ Fizzles In Week 2