Starz Entertainment’s Encore is taking aim at original programming, unveiling today plans to air the novel adaptation Moby Dick that stars William Hurt, Ethan Hawke and Gillian Anderson as well as a Tom Hardy-starring mini The Take based on Martina Cole’s best-selling crime novel. Moby Dick is a three-hour mini that will air over two nights Aug. 1 and Aug. 2. Hurt will play Captain Ahab, Hawke is his first mate Starbuck and Anderson is Ahab’s wife; Donald Sutherland and Raoul Trujillo also star. RHI, Tele Munchen and Gate Filmproduktion produced. The four-part thriller The Take, from ITV Studios Global Entertainment, also stars Brian Cox, Kierston Wareing, Charlotte Riley and Shaun Evans. It will air sometime in the fall alongside another original effort, the documentary Method to the Madness of Jerry Lewis, which was previously announced.
Encore Dives Into Original Programming With Miniseries 'Moby Dick' And 'The Take'
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill O'Reilly Victim Of "Orchestrated Campaign" Fox News Says As He Responds To One Of New Reports – Update
Arrow/Flash Superhero Team-Up Spinoff In Works At CW; Brandon Routh, Victor Garber, Wentworth Miller, Caity Lotz Star
More From Team
- Meryl Streep To Narrate African Women’s Health Docu; Three Join Indie ‘February'; Ryan Newman In ‘Sharknado 3…
- ‘Daredevil’ Key Art Revealed: Charlie Cox As Netflix’s Superhero
- ‘CSI’ Goes Worldwide For Shot At The Guinness Book Of Records
- Jane Turton Upped To CEO At All3Media
- Stone Village Is Ringmaster Of ‘Circus Mirandus’ Rights