Starz Entertainment’s Encore is taking aim at original programming, unveiling today plans to air the novel adaptation Moby Dick that stars William Hurt, Ethan Hawke and Gillian Anderson as well as a Tom Hardy-starring mini The Take based on Martina Cole’s best-selling crime novel. Moby Dick is a three-hour mini that will air over two nights Aug. 1 and Aug. 2. Hurt will play Captain Ahab, Hawke is his first mate Starbuck and Anderson is Ahab’s wife; Donald Sutherland and Raoul Trujillo also star. RHI, Tele Munchen and Gate Filmproduktion produced. The four-part thriller The Take, from ITV Studios Global Entertainment, also stars Brian Cox, Kierston Wareing, Charlotte Riley and Shaun Evans. It will air sometime in the fall alongside another original effort, the documentary Method to the Madness of Jerry Lewis, which was previously announced.
Encore Dives Into Original Programming With Miniseries 'Moby Dick' And 'The Take'
What's Hot on Deadline
Tom Rothman Takes A Shot At Netflix As He Reveals The "New Sony"; Plus 'Spider-Man' Interview - CinemaCon
Latest TV News
- WGA Strike Talk: Insiders Lay Out What’s At Stake
- Michael Phelps Will Swim With The Great Whites For Discovery Channel’s Shark Week – Upfronts
- NBC Orders ‘The Handmade Project’ Crafts Competition Reality Series Hosted By Amy Poehler & Nick Offerman
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Taps Harry Styles As Musical Guest For First Live Coast-To-Coast Show
- Gurney Productions Founders Not Back In Charge Of ‘Duck Dynasty’ Company Now
- Sol Negrin Dies: Emmy-Nominated Cinematographer Was 88