Starz Entertainment’s Encore is taking aim at original programming, unveiling today plans to air the novel adaptation Moby Dick that stars William Hurt, Ethan Hawke and Gillian Anderson as well as a Tom Hardy-starring mini The Take based on Martina Cole’s best-selling crime novel. Moby Dick is a three-hour mini that will air over two nights Aug. 1 and Aug. 2. Hurt will play Captain Ahab, Hawke is his first mate Starbuck and Anderson is Ahab’s wife; Donald Sutherland and Raoul Trujillo also star. RHI, Tele Munchen and Gate Filmproduktion produced. The four-part thriller The Take, from ITV Studios Global Entertainment, also stars Brian Cox, Kierston Wareing, Charlotte Riley and Shaun Evans. It will air sometime in the fall alongside another original effort, the documentary Method to the Madness of Jerry Lewis, which was previously announced.
Encore Dives Into Original Programming With Miniseries 'Moby Dick' And 'The Take'
What's Hot on Deadline
Mayweather-McGregor PPV Fight Could Punch Up $700M Worldwide, Making Domestic Box Office Meaningless
Latest TV News
- ‘Disjointed’ Review: Kathy Bates & Chuck Lorre Sitcom May Be Funny if You’re High
- ‘Stranger Things’ Star Shannon Purser On Honing Her Screen Acting Skills With First Television Project
- 'The Opposition With Jordan Klepper': Quintet Tapped As Correspondents For ‘The Daily Show’ Spinoff
- CBS Wants ‘Judge Judy’ Profits Suit Trimmed Before 2018 Trial; Judge Judy Brags About Strong-Arming CBS
- ‘The Night Of’s Bill Camp On Series’ End: “I Don’t Think He Did It” – Emmys
- ‘SEAL Team’: Michael Irby, Jay Hayden, Alona Tal Set To Recur In CBS Drama Series