Starz Entertainment’s Encore is taking aim at original programming, unveiling today plans to air the novel adaptation Moby Dick that stars William Hurt, Ethan Hawke and Gillian Anderson as well as a Tom Hardy-starring mini The Take based on Martina Cole’s best-selling crime novel. Moby Dick is a three-hour mini that will air over two nights Aug. 1 and Aug. 2. Hurt will play Captain Ahab, Hawke is his first mate Starbuck and Anderson is Ahab’s wife; Donald Sutherland and Raoul Trujillo also star. RHI, Tele Munchen and Gate Filmproduktion produced. The four-part thriller The Take, from ITV Studios Global Entertainment, also stars Brian Cox, Kierston Wareing, Charlotte Riley and Shaun Evans. It will air sometime in the fall alongside another original effort, the documentary Method to the Madness of Jerry Lewis, which was previously announced.
Encore Dives Into Original Programming With Miniseries 'Moby Dick' And 'The Take'
What's Hot on Deadline
John Oliver: Donald Trump's Tape Admission "Extraordinarily Stupid" Confirmation Of James Comey Testimony
Why 'Transformers' Is Screaming For Reboot After $68M Start; 'Wonder Woman' Steps On 'Cars 3' In 2nd-Place Fight - Monday AM
Latest TV News
- ‘The Earliest Show’s Ben Schwartz Discusses His Short-Form Roots & Finding Guests For A Fake Talk Show
- ‘SafeWord’: MTV To Premiere Comedy Game Show From ‘Lip Sync Battle’ Producers
- Ashton Kutcher To EP Two Unscripted Series For Chicken Soup For The Soul
- Megyn Kelly Ratings Weak In Week 4, ABC Wins Sunday With Game Shows
- 'Genius' Production Designer Jonathan Lee On The Major Endeavor Of Recreating Einstein's Blackboards
- Penn Badgley To Star In Greg Berlanti Lifetime Drama Series ‘You’