Starz Entertainment’s Encore is taking aim at original programming, unveiling today plans to air the novel adaptation Moby Dick that stars William Hurt, Ethan Hawke and Gillian Anderson as well as a Tom Hardy-starring mini The Take based on Martina Cole’s best-selling crime novel. Moby Dick is a three-hour mini that will air over two nights Aug. 1 and Aug. 2. Hurt will play Captain Ahab, Hawke is his first mate Starbuck and Anderson is Ahab’s wife; Donald Sutherland and Raoul Trujillo also star. RHI, Tele Munchen and Gate Filmproduktion produced. The four-part thriller The Take, from ITV Studios Global Entertainment, also stars Brian Cox, Kierston Wareing, Charlotte Riley and Shaun Evans. It will air sometime in the fall alongside another original effort, the documentary Method to the Madness of Jerry Lewis, which was previously announced.
Encore Dives Into Original Programming With Miniseries 'Moby Dick' And 'The Take'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $285M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- WGA Meeting Shows Guild On Strike Footing As Contract Talks Loom
- Stephen Colbert Wonders If Donald Trump Will Get WaPo’s “Democracy Dies In Darkness” Message
- Kellyanne Conway Returns To TV, Says She Has Been Busy Looking At Houses And Being Mom
- ‘Mayans MC’: John Ortiz Cast In FX’s ‘Sons Of Anarchy’ Spinoff Pilot
- Judd Hirsch Signs With TalentWorks
- Ana Ortiz To Star In 'Charlie Foxtrot' ABC Comedy Pilot