Starz Entertainment’s Encore is taking aim at original programming, unveiling today plans to air the novel adaptation Moby Dick that stars William Hurt, Ethan Hawke and Gillian Anderson as well as a Tom Hardy-starring mini The Take based on Martina Cole’s best-selling crime novel. Moby Dick is a three-hour mini that will air over two nights Aug. 1 and Aug. 2. Hurt will play Captain Ahab, Hawke is his first mate Starbuck and Anderson is Ahab’s wife; Donald Sutherland and Raoul Trujillo also star. RHI, Tele Munchen and Gate Filmproduktion produced. The four-part thriller The Take, from ITV Studios Global Entertainment, also stars Brian Cox, Kierston Wareing, Charlotte Riley and Shaun Evans. It will air sometime in the fall alongside another original effort, the documentary Method to the Madness of Jerry Lewis, which was previously announced.
Encore Dives Into Original Programming With Miniseries 'Moby Dick' And 'The Take'
What's Hot on Deadline
SAG Movies: Not Many Surprises But Hawking Vs. 'Birdman' Fires Up The Best Actor Oscar Race - Hammond
More From Team
- Super Bowl: Will Ferrell, Kevin Hart, Ariana Grande Headline ‘Tonight Show’s Post-Game Special
- Emma Watson Cast As Belle In Disney’s ‘Beauty And The Beast’
- WGA East Heavyweights Sign Petition Urging ITV To Bargaining Table
- Stephanie Langhoff Set For Sundance Institute Producer’s Honor
- ‘Celebrity Family Feud’ Lets ‘SNL’ Cast Play The Imitation Game
- Blake Shelton’s Hee-Haw Hoedown Goes Urban Cowboy: ‘SNL’