Debby Ryan had already been groomed to follow in the footsteps of such Disney Channel stars as Miley Cyrus, Selena Gomez and Demi Lovato. Now the Suite Life on Deck regular has been given a big vote of confidence for her own series, Jessie, which is slated to launch in the fall. I hear the Disney Channel brass were so happy with the first batch of episodes they saw, they have increased the order to the series from 13 to 20 episodes before the show has hit the air. Additionally, the pilot for Jessie, in which Ryan plays a teen from rural Texas who moves to New York and becomes a nanny to a wealthy family with four kids, was one of Disney Channel’s highest-testing ever. Co-starring on the series as the kids in Jessie’s care are Karan Brar from Seattle, Skai Jackson and 13-year-old Peyton List from New York (not to be confused with the Mad Men actress of the same name) and Cameron Boyce from L.A. who were cast through a nationwide search, as well as Kevin Chamberlin. Jessie is created/executive produced by Pam Eells, the creative force behind hits The Suite Life of Zack & Cody and The Suite Life on Deck.
Disney Channel Bets Big On Debby Ryan, Ups Order For Her Series Ahead Of Premiere
What's Hot on Deadline
Alec Baldwin Says Ha! To Donald Trump, While Judd Apatow Calls 'SNL'-Watching Prez-Elect "Terrifying Lunatic"
World's Biggest YouTuber Vows To Delete Channel Citing Traffic, Race-Based Complaints About Video Service
Latest TV News
- Trailer: ‘Doctor Who’ Christmas Special Heads To New York
- Simon Fuller’s XIX Entertainment Making English-Language Version Of Scandi Teen Hit ‘Shame’
- Jimmy Kimmel’s ‘Big Fan’ Game Show Sets Debut Date With Matthew McConaughey
- ‘Timeless’: Annie Wersching Set To Recur On NBC Time Travel Drama Series
- Dr. Dre & Jimmy Iovine Docu Series Set For HBO: ‘Defiant Ones’ Bows Next Year
- Mark Jackson Joins Seth MacFarlane's Fox Series 'Orville'